Drivers Needed...ATI Rage II windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Hi guys...

I've been searching and googling in the net for so many hours just to find the driver of ATI rage II/II+, but no clues. The driver stuck only for Windows ME.

Does anybody has the driver or a link to download the driver, please ? Or maybe another solutions to run Windows ME driver in Windows XP ?

Thanks a lot guys.

Desibabu

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
What in the hell are you doing still using a graphics card from 1996? And you think your pc can run WinXP? You were lucky getting it to boot in ME. Do yourself a favour and get a new PC.

By the way, out of morbid curiousity what are your systems specs? By chance is it an Aptiva? If so, I was in the same boat, 10 years ago.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for replies guys...

I've tried ati sites, PRO and XL weren't compatible with Rage II/II+.

Thanks for a friendly reply Desibabu, at least you know that ATI Rage II/II+ exist, and thanks God i've never been in the same boat as you. Do you think Pentium II 233Mhz, 3.2GB HDD, 64MB RAM, Creative ISA, and ATI rage II/II+ will not run Windows XP ? Shame on you, you like to be controlled by someone else.

So, i still keep looking for this driver guys. Any file or links, please, i'm Thanking you.

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
It will run XP but not alot else... whats the point? You would have a far more usable system with Windows 98SE on it, and to be honest a Windows XP product license is worth more than the PC itself.

I fail to see the advantage of WinXP on that thing rather than Win98SE or similar.

Oblivionsreich

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
LOLOLOL! dude i'm using almost the same specs as your pc! I thought I was the only one in the world with such a crappy PC, seems I have competition.

Mine are: OS: Windows XP Service Pack 1
Pentium 2 400MHz
HDD: 4 Gb <------ (Only 300 Mb I can use though lol)
Ram: 256 Mb
ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP X2

I'm pretty sure you can run Windows XP on that cause I am on my piece of crap from 1998, it's a Dell Optiplex GX1 lmao.

P.S I AM getting a brand spankin new PC very soon, and OMG it's going to have an 80Gb HDD!! ( never been above 4 Gb so forgive me) lol.

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
The Rage IIc or 264VT was in fact a very popular card for business systems in the late 90's. I have most definitely run a 264 in XP. One possibility is that the older pre-catalyst drivers are no longer on the ATI site. also the card should just simply run with native XP drivers. One other possibility is to use the NT4 driver, maybe I had done that. 98/ME drivers will not work in XP SP2.

A P2 400 is a perfectly adequate sytem for running XP. I've had a P3 500 since 1999 that since 2002 has run XP like a champ.

kressin

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Please keep unhelpful remarks out of here. I myself am trying to get ahold of a driver for this card for xp because it is being used as a tv out for a company info tv and we are upgrading from the old p3 650 to a p4 2.4ghz. There are plenty of reasons to look for drivers, dont look down your nose at people using old hardware because you have a better one at home. Just because hardware is old doesn't mean it is useless. :heink:

nunnayabizniz

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
What a self absorbed pompous arrogant ignorant useless egotistical jerk with the personality of a candiru fish!!! That is exactly the clueless jaw jacking we don't need on here. Your chest-beating anal leakage just shows what you know about computers, people, and life... NOTHING!!! You make me vomit bile. How long have you been on here and learning computers? That long... really... and yet you are still a N00B, wow.

mellington

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
What in the hell are you doing still using a graphics card from 1996? . . . Do yourself a favour and get a new PC . . . out of morbid curiousity what are your systems specs?

I use those Rage Cards in some of my modern PCs because they're so cheap and perform very well for most computer work except intense graphics manipulation. I bought 10 of them for $2 a piece and use them along with $5 17" monitors to give all my PCs 2 and 3 monitors. I use modern fast video cards for my main monitor and the old Rage cards on the extra monitors alongside. It works well on my old 600 MHz PCs as well as my 1.7 GHz and my 3 GHz PCs. It doesn't make any sense to use an expensive video card for a monitor that is just used to display lightweight gadgets/widgets, email, and so forth.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
rtpd.png

ivandark

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
i dont know if you have the same problem, sometimes the computers is not own is from a costumer who want to keep working that, i'm having a lot of problems with an old one, because first i have to flash the bios to make work a bigger hdd in that, now im with the video card problem, i dont know if i will have more problems but that is my work try to keep alive the computers

Status
Not open for further replies.