Pentium D 805 Temps CRAZY!

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I would like any and all information I can get about these crazy temps and if there normal.

I just received my Pentium D 805 processor and first time i started it up it was 150-160 Degrees F!!! I went threw alot trust me.. Started it up few hours later after trying things going threw many problems..

I got the nerve to go ahead format my drive and install windows. Installing windows took less then 8 mins!!! And I just installed my NVidia PCI-E vid card, it looks like that has stoppd the processor from fluctawaiting* temps as I use firefox. Before I installed the vid card it was going all over the place from 134F - 150, now its steady at 134F.

My specs are as followed Sonata 2 Case // ASUS P5B mobo // Pentium D 805 // Geforce 7300 GS // 1Gb 2 X 512 Corsair DDR2 Memory //. ( Stock Intel cooler with removed grease pad thing and added Silver Compound.

I went to CompUSA and got a Zalman 9500 HSF and the battery things around the CPU Socket on the mobo is in the way to install it...

So what are my options im not likeing 134F idle... Imagine if I tried to play a little NFS Most Wanted... We are prob talking 10-15C or more...

I would really appreciate any comments, suggestions or information.
Thanks alot Storm