changed IP addressing scheme on whole network now ave DNS ..

I changed IP addressing scheme on my entire network...Have 2 DNS servers.
Changed all the DNS hosts and to new IPs...When I do a NSlookup from
DNSSTUFF it still tries to resolve from my old ip address and times-out
abviously...Ive changed all old host, servername and MX records to the new
IPs and still doesn't work. Is there a way to activate changes besides the
update server data files option?? help!

"PureCo" <PureCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I changed IP addressing scheme on my entire network...Have 2 DNS servers.
> Changed all the DNS hosts and to new IPs...When I do a NSlookup from
> DNSSTUFF it still tries to resolve from my old ip address and times-out
> abviously...Ive changed all old host, servername and MX records to the new
> IPs and still doesn't work. Is there a way to activate changes besides the
> update server data files option?? help!

If you are doing this from DNSStuff then we are obviously
talking about your public addresses (right?).

This means you must update both your regular resource
records at your DNS servers and you must make sure
to update the PARENT zone (which is probably .com)
through your registrar IF you DNS server addresses
have changed.

This is one of the very good reasons for leaving your
public DNS AT the REGISTRAR.

If you are using the Registrar for you public DNS (as
I recommend) then there may be a short delay before the
records are updated on their server.

--
Herb Martin

"Herb Martin" wrote:

> "PureCo" <PureCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I changed IP addressing scheme on my entire network...Have 2 DNS servers.
> > Changed all the DNS hosts and to new IPs...When I do a NSlookup from
> > DNSSTUFF it still tries to resolve from my old ip address and times-out
> > abviously...Ive changed all old host, servername and MX records to the new
> > IPs and still doesn't work. Is there a way to activate changes besides the
> > update server data files option?? help!
>
> If you are doing this from DNSStuff then we are obviously
> talking about your public addresses (right?).
>
> This means you must update both your regular resource
> records at your DNS servers and you must make sure
> to update the PARENT zone (which is probably .com)
> through your registrar IF you DNS server addresses
> have changed.
>
> This is one of the very good reasons for leaving your
> public DNS AT the REGISTRAR.
>
> If you are using the Registrar for you public DNS (as
> I recommend) then there may be a short delay before the
> records are updated on their server.
>
> --
> Herb Martin

Is there someone I can call to make this happen any faster???? Network
Solutions??

thanks!

> Is there someone I can call to make this happen any faster???? Network
> Solutions??

Probably not. It is probably all automated and will
clear up tonight or tomorrow night no matter what
you do.

--
Herb Martin

> "Herb Martin" wrote:
>
> > "PureCo" <PureCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I changed IP addressing scheme on my entire network...Have 2 DNS
servers.
> > > Changed all the DNS hosts and to new IPs...When I do a NSlookup from
> > > DNSSTUFF it still tries to resolve from my old ip address and
times-out
> > > abviously...Ive changed all old host, servername and MX records to the
new
> > > IPs and still doesn't work. Is there a way to activate changes besides
the
> > > update server data files option?? help!
> >
> > If you are doing this from DNSStuff then we are obviously
> > talking about your public addresses (right?).
> >
> > This means you must update both your regular resource
> > records at your DNS servers and you must make sure
> > to update the PARENT zone (which is probably .com)
> > through your registrar IF you DNS server addresses
> > have changed.
> >
> > This is one of the very good reasons for leaving your
> > public DNS AT the REGISTRAR.
> >
> > If you are using the Registrar for you public DNS (as
> > I recommend) then there may be a short delay before the
> > records are updated on their server.
> >
> > --
> > Herb Martin
> >

> Is there someone I can call to make this happen any faster???? Network
> Solutions??
>
> thanks!

I have made the changes with Network Solutions...will take 24hrs to propagate
through the internet.....

thanks Herb!