FEAR COMBAT IS OUT!!!

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Free multiplayer for fear woot!

GUess what? Turn up your eyecandy? AND U DIE IN YOUR FANCY SHADOWS.
so turn everything down. and play at 1280x960 with your 9800pro or 6600gt.

Score one for the low end. Monolith is pretty stupid..high settings makes it so unfair for the rich ppl..they get fragged by the poor. 8O

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Free multiplayer for fear woot!

GUess what? Turn up your eyecandy? AND U DIE IN YOUR FANCY SHADOWS.
so turn everything down. and play at 1280x960 with your 9800pro or 6600gt.

Score one for the low end. Monolith is pretty stupid..high settings makes it so unfair for the rich ppl..they get fragged by the poor. 8O
I play it at 1680x1050 perfectly fine with all of my goodies on.

4745454b

Titan
I'm downloading it using the bittorrent method. If I'm lucky, I'll be playing it tomorrow sometime. (whats wrong with Sierra? Downloading this over bittorrent at 7kb...)

As for the options, I'll have to play with it some, but I have to believe my 3500+ and x1800xt will be able to handle it ok :D

Edit: Just realised no one has posted a link. For anyone interested, here you go. http://www.joinfear.com/main

dagonoth

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I downloaded it yesterday, don't bother with bittorrent, its freaking slow with this download. I used fileplanet.com to get it and I was averaging 600KB and thats with a free account. So within an hour I was fragging everyone. I'd never played it before but last night I was able to win a deathmatch with no problem.

4745454b

Titan
Then I guess we should also stop playing at higher resolutions and go back to 640x480? That way, everything would be so large that they'd be easier to hit. (just make sure to stay hiden while you camp, cuz you won't be able to see anything from the sides.)

I've never played with these options. I know that things look different to different people. You might not like them, but on my or others setup, it might look good.

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
with all the shadows and smoke you 're at a distinct disadvantage..where as if u turn it off u have a clear line of sight :D

isnt that true with every game? If you play online turn the eyecandy off or you'll drown in your own slpender.

I play at 1600x1200 with everything on 'cause I dont care about being number one each game.

4745454b

Titan
Has anyone recieved the CD Key yet? I've got 6hrs left on the download, and have asked sierra to email me my key, and I still haven't recieved squat from them. (I didn't recieve it the first time they said they sent it. Yes I checked my bulk mail.) Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

needhelpnoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
I got my CD key within a half second of registering for it. Popped right up in my inbox with the key. I've heard people are not getting keys now.. that it hasn't sent any out in about 9 hours.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
with all the shadows and smoke you 're at a distinct disadvantage..where as if u turn it off u have a clear line of sight :D

isnt that true with every game? If you play online turn the eyecandy off or you'll drown in your own slpender.

I play at 1600x1200 with everything on 'cause I dont care about being number one each game.

But pawning your enemy at high quality with dynamic shadows and lighting, texture and the smoothness of AA is just priceless.