Dns & routing

Hi, I'm a newbie, so everything I do seems stupid. I 've successfully set up
my website in Win2k and think I've made all the appropriate adjustments to
dns, dhcp. although I was able to access my website via my ip 66.15.3.etc.
but I can't access it using my fqdn. I thought I set it correctly in routing
and remote access, but probably not.

Any suggestions for newbie Dan?

Thanks

I'm also getting error 1000 in the dns server event log.

In news:u3Yofcu%23EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Daniel Aguilar <daniel_sportsman@hotmail.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&eventno=1832&source=DNS&phase=1

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

"Daniel Aguilar" <daniel_sportsman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm a newbie, so everything I do seems stupid.

We were all newbies at some time, and most of us
will be newbies at something else next week if we
keep learning.

> I 've successfully set up
> my website in Win2k and think I've made all the appropriate adjustments to
> dns, dhcp.

If you can say (with confidence) "all the appropriate
adjustments" then you are no longer a newbie -- especially
if you are correct <grin>

> although I was able to access my website via my ip 66.15.3.etc.
> but I can't access it using my fqdn. I thought I set it correctly in
routing
> and remote access, but probably not.

What did you try? What were the exact results?

And if they failed then did you change to using:

ping (Name AND Number, which works?)
tracert (if ping fails completely)
nslookup

perhaps even try:

telnet IP.Ad.dre.ss 80

verses;

telnet web.server.com 80

> Any suggestions for newbie Dan?

Yes, report EXACT results, and don't try to troubleshoot
much from the GUI (like IE, Net Neighborhood.)

Use the command line.

You can tell how smart a computer person is by whether
or not they keep a command prompt open CONSTANTLY
<grin>