What's the best AGP card from NCIX.com?

dementia13

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hey all,

I've been trying to get a new AGP video card for the past two weeks. At first I thought I'd buy a X1600 from a store, but then I was told not to waste the $150 because the card was no good.

Then for a week I didn't know what to get - then a few days ago shopati.ca had a X800XL on their site. I was excited because I knew I'd go with that one. But then yesterday they took the card off their availability list and I now have no idea if it will ever come back.

In the meantime I've been out of a videocard (and thus my computer) for nearly three weeks.

I'm running out of options.

I've decided that if the shopati.ca deal doesn't come back by this sunday, I'll just get the best thing I can from NCIX.com (basically, it's Canada's newegg.com).

I was hoping someone could offer some suggestions. I'm basically looking for the best card that my money can buy, but I don't want to spend too much. No more than $150 - that being said, if ten bucks will make a big difference, I guess I'd go for it.

If someone who knows a lot about Video cards could please take a look at:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=108&subminorcatid=49

And suggest something, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch! Here's hoping I can find something that will let me play Neverwinter Nights 2! Cheers!

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
You Canadians seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to graphics cards.

For $150.00 I would seriously think about looking for a good card on eBay from a seller who's willing to ship to Canada. Those prices on NCIX are just too inflated.

I'll give it another plug and say look for either a 6800GT or a X800XT. Just make sure to specify AGP when searching.

Also make sure your current PSU can handle whatever new card you're considering.

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
:?:

OK, should be no problems there, but can your power supply unit handle a newer card?

This is something to consider when looking for a new card.

k0rn_h0li0

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
well ebay it costs like 30 dollars to ship to canada let alone the gfx card itself. make sure you have enough psu to support the graphics card