pixelharmony

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
So I wanted to setup my drives in RAID 0 last night. I have two identical Samsgun 250 Spinpoint P's and was using the Intel raid controller on my ASUS P5B Deluxe.

I got everything to setup correctly.. turns out when I use the RAID Drivers that come with my motherboard windows bluescreens me. Windows says they have the drivers already and when I use them it reads my nice fat 500GB RAID 0 disk with no problems.

I installed the entire OS and upon trying to load my system just reboots after the first blue bar of windows XP crosses. I don't know what the problem could be. I'd imagine a faulty RAID Driver?

Any insight into this?

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Windows says it doesn't need the raid drivers provided to it? My seem like a silly question, but have you forced it to use the latest drivers that Asus has instead of window's? Also, what is the data from the blue screen saying? I had an almost similar problem, but it turned out that I had the bios set to performance on the cpu and memory, it needed to be at auto or default for some reason.

pixelharmony

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I tried safemode and it got only so far till it went black and restarted.

When I forced windows to use the newer Asus drivers it gave me a blue screen saying blah blah bad storage controller or virus, reinstall hardware... etc.

Actually when windows boots up it doesn't go blue it just shuts off and restarts.

I was thinking I should put all my settings back to normal as well, but then again windows did install fine, it just won't load the OS.

TRENDING THREADS