Subnet zone question

Dustin

I know that you can delegate a subnetted zone, like
0-127.10.10.in-addr.arpa to another server, but can you set up a local
zone the same way, and then be able to manage each C class under a new
domain?

Pseudo Example in Windows 2000 DNS mgmt:

ns1.domain.com
Reverse Lookup Zones
0-127.10.10.in-addr.arpa
0 (a "Domain")
1 PTR hello.domain.com

So, 10.10.0.1 would reverse to hello.domain.com. If this doesn't make
sense, please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

In news:GKSHd.1100263$lR6.166092@news.easynews.com,
Dustin <dustin@hotmail.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> I know that you can delegate a subnetted zone, like
> 0-127.10.10.in-addr.arpa to another server, but can you
> set up a local zone the same way, and then be able to
> manage each C class under a new domain?
>
> Pseudo Example in Windows 2000 DNS mgmt:
>
> ns1.domain.com
> Reverse Lookup Zones
> 0-127.10.10.in-addr.arpa
> 0 (a "Domain")
> 1 PTR hello.domain.com
>
> So, 10.10.0.1 would reverse to hello.domain.com. If this
> doesn't make sense, please let me know. Any help is
> appreciated.

174419 - HOWTO Configure a Subnetted Reverse Lookup Zone on Windows NT:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;174419

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]