Should I install these new updates?

Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've already
installed SP2, no real problems)
- Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service
Pack 2 (KB834707)
- Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
thx
6 answers Last reply
More about should install updates

    In news:UJEdd.72279$cJ3.71834@fed1read06,
    zona4351 <zona4351@cox.net> typed:

    > Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've
    > already
    > installed SP2, no real problems)
    > - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > (KB885884) - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
    > for Windows XP
    > Service Pack 2 (KB834707)
    > - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
    > Not clear from details posted whether I even need them

    As far as I'm concerned, you should always install *all* critical
    updates.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    yes

    "zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
    | Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available
    (I've already
    | installed SP2, no real problems)
    | - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack
    2 (KB885884)
    | - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for
    Windows XP Service
    | Pack 2 (KB834707)
    | - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
    | Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
    | thx

    "zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've already
    > installed SP2, no real problems)
    > - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
    > - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service
    > Pack 2 (KB834707)
    > - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
    > Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
    > thx

    With regard to Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool, could it be a tool to detect
    dodgy versions of MS products?

    GDI + protects you from contamonated pic files.
    No need to be paranoid.

    Spiderrman

    "spiderrman" <whatsup@wb.com> wrote in message
    > GDI + protects you from contamonated pic files.
    > No need to be paranoid.
    >
    > Spiderrman
    >
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:15:48 +1000, "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've already
    >>> installed SP2, no real problems)
    >>> - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
    >>> - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP
    >>> Service
    >>> Pack 2 (KB834707)
    >>> - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
    >>> Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
    >>> thx
    >>>

    >>With regard to Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool, could it be a tool to
    >>detect
    >>dodgy versions of MS products?

    GDI + protects you from contaminated pic files. No need to be paranoid.

    Thanks Spiderman, I've now installed it.

    Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they
    aren't after you.

    "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    | "spiderrman" <whatsup@wb.com> wrote in message
    | > GDI + protects you from contamonated pic files.
    | > No need to be paranoid.
    | >
    | > Spiderrman
    | >
    | > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:15:48 +1000, "Freddo"
    <homealone@hotmail.com>
    | > wrote:
    | >

    | >>"zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
    available (I've already
    Pack 2 (KB885884)
    Windows XP

    | >>With regard to Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool, could it
    be a tool to
    | >>detect
    | >>dodgy versions of MS products?
    | >>
    | GDI + protects you from contaminated pic files. No need to
    be paranoid.

    | Thanks Spiderman, I've now installed it.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP