Should I install these new updates?

Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've already
installed SP2, no real problems)
- Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service
Pack 2 (KB834707)
- Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
thx

In news:UJEdd.72279$cJ3.71834@fed1read06,
zona4351 <zona4351@cox.net> typed:

> Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've
> already
> installed SP2, no real problems)
> - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2
> (KB885884) - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
> for Windows XP
> Service Pack 2 (KB834707)
> - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
> Not clear from details posted whether I even need them

As far as I'm concerned, you should always install *all* critical
updates.

Please reply to the newsgroup

yes

"zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
| Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available
(I've already
| installed SP2, no real problems)
| - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack
2 (KB885884)
| - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for
Windows XP Service
| Pack 2 (KB834707)
| - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
| Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
| thx

"zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
> Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've already
> installed SP2, no real problems)
> - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
> - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service
> Pack 2 (KB834707)
> - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
> Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
> thx

With regard to Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool, could it be a tool to detect
dodgy versions of MS products?

GDI + protects you from contamonated pic files.
No need to be paranoid.

Spiderrman

"spiderrman" <whatsup@wb.com> wrote in message
> GDI + protects you from contamonated pic files.
> No need to be paranoid.
>
> Spiderrman
>
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:15:48 +1000, "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"zona4351" <zona4351@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> Microsoft sent message that 3 new updates are available (I've already
>>> installed SP2, no real problems)
>>> - Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
>>> - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP
>>> Service
>>> Pack 2 (KB834707)
>>> - Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KB873374)
>>> Not clear from details posted whether I even need them
>>> thx
>>>

>>With regard to Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool, could it be a tool to
>>detect
>>dodgy versions of MS products?

GDI + protects you from contaminated pic files. No need to be paranoid.

Thanks Spiderman, I've now installed it.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they
aren't after you.