Just finished Conroe build and have some question

optionexplicit

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I got all my parts yesterday and assembled my new pc but I still have a couple questions. My specs are e6600, msi 975x platinum, 2gb corsair ddr2-800, 7900gt, and an antec 500watt psu.

The first thing I was worried about was the temp of my cpu. At first it was like 70C because I didn't get one the clips all the way down. So I fixed that and now its at about 45C and the room temp is about 76F. I'm not overclocking at all so is that a little high?

Also on my motherboard the powerplug for the cpu has 8 pins but the one coming off my powersupply only has 4. There is also a powerplug on the motherboard for the videocard but the videocard has a plug on it. So I just plugged it into the videocard. Is that ok to do?

Lastly I was trying to set up my ram but I don't think I did it correctly. For the ram divider options it goes from 700mhz to 880mhz but my ram is 800mhz but that isn't an option in the BIOS.

If you can help me out by answering any of questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

optionexplicit

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Thanks for the advice. I went to a local computer shop and got some thermal paste and a bigger heatsink since I might overclock in the future. My BIOS now says the temperature is in the low 30's at idle and that core temp program says that its about mid 30s. After gaming it goes up just a couple degrees. So far everything is running really stable and I haven't had any problems with any of my hardware.