adding resolution settings

Wrick

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
How do I add new resolution setting to forceware?

I have a 7900GT KO and a 19 in widescreen Samsaung LCD. After installing the 91.31 drivers and reinstalling the LCD driver, I only have one widescreen resolution available in forceware. It is the 1440x900 native monitor resolution. All of the other options are 4:3 resolutions. This is also the only available 16:9 res. available in all of my games now.

The 7900GT is a new install. I previously had a ATI card and CCC. With CCC I hade several 16:9 options, including 1280x720 and a few higher res and lower res settings. The 1440x900 res would not be a problem except for Oblivion, which I would liek to run in a slightly lower res.

I can not find my monitor on the samsaung driver site, and therefore can only install the driver which came with it on a disk. SyncMaster 940MW.

Basicaly I need to know how to add res setting and what setting are safe for my monitor.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
I am saying this from memory. I do not have nVIDIA control panel in front of me so my comment may be off. If I remember correctly, in the driver control panel (Monitor tab) there is an option to Hide or Show resolutions which the monitor cannot support.... Chances are the driver thinks that your monitor cannot support any widescreen resolutions other than its native resolution. Could the driver be right? If not, check that option.