Oops - don't do that...

Trying forever to get that Amulet of Shadows with a newbie character, those
arrows HURT. One hit kills me, obviously I shouldn't be doing this yet, but
I want that amulet, so I came up with a better method. Using my trusty bow
and some venom damage Manabolts I found somewhere (courtesy of MTT), I
decided to forget about the ring in the water, and just attack the invisible
chick outright. It seems when you do this, the other woman doesn't realize
anything is wrong, so she doesn't come to the aid of her cohort. Plus,
attacking before you find the ring gives you the benefit of the high-ground.
(The geological high-ground, not the moral high-ground, I'll admit...)
Thus, with my trusty Hilda on point, and my arrows, I was able (after
several attempts) to get in enough hits to kill her. Then for good measure,
I took out the other woman as well, evil deceptive amushing wench that she
is. It was a hell of a tough fight, but I got it. Then, just to satisfy my
curiosity, I went back to the water and retrieved the ring - instant crash
to desktop. And me not saved after that extremely tough battle. I guess I
was asking for it, huh?

drybones

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2004

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message
> Trying forever to get that Amulet of Shadows with a newbie character,
> those
> arrows HURT. One hit kills me, obviously I shouldn't be doing this yet,
> but
> I want that amulet, so I came up with a better method. Using my trusty
> bow
> and some venom damage Manabolts I found somewhere (courtesy of MTT), I
> decided to forget about the ring in the water, and just attack the
> invisible
> chick outright. It seems when you do this, the other woman doesn't
> realize
> anything is wrong, so she doesn't come to the aid of her cohort. Plus,
> attacking before you find the ring gives you the benefit of the
> high-ground.
> (The geological high-ground, not the moral high-ground, I'll admit...)
> Thus, with my trusty Hilda on point, and my arrows, I was able (after
> several attempts) to get in enough hits to kill her. Then for good
> measure,
> I took out the other woman as well, evil deceptive amushing wench that she
> is. It was a hell of a tough fight, but I got it. Then, just to satisfy
> my
> curiosity, I went back to the water and retrieved the ring - instant crash
> to desktop. And me not saved after that extremely tough battle. I guess
> was asking for it, huh?

Big Bummer, but I seem to forget to save a lot myself. 8^(
drybones

I did the same process -> Invisbile guy, chick, and then get the ring.
Instead of crashing, it still did the sound byte "no good deed goes
unpunished". I guess it was her ghost talking...