Cannot access to doamin frm workstation

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 25, 2005 5:20:40 PM

Hello:
I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print server every can print
no problem but one workstation winxp pro cannot print.

I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime it's print for a
while sometime don't
I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I logon to domain.

at domain i got a error message this station tried to be a master browser.
when I see the explanation at the web they said subnet is incorrect while
check it's same subnet mask.

Can anybody help in this matter.
I really appreciate, if u need more info u can send me a email @
tomnj@usa.net
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:52:59 AM

the masterbrowser error can be stoped bij disabling the computer browser
service.
can't help you with the other error

"John" <ita@bway.net> schreef in bericht
> Hello:
> I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print server every can print
> no problem but one workstation winxp pro cannot print.
>
> I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime it's print for a
> while sometime don't
> I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I logon to domain.
>
> at domain i got a error message this station tried to be a master
> browser.
> when I see the explanation at the web they said subnet is incorrect while
> check it's same subnet mask.
>
> Can anybody help in this matter.
> I really appreciate, if u need more info u can send me a email @
> tomnj@usa.net

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:42:48 PM

In news:5P2dnVOxJ_BoBmvcRVn-vQ@bway.net,
John <ita@bway.net> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hello:
> I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print
> server every can print no problem but one workstation
> winxp pro cannot print.
>
> I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime
> it's print for a while sometime don't
> I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I
> logon to domain.

Does the XP client TCP/IP properties only have the local AD DNS server
listed?
No ISP or external DNS alowed on an AD domain member, in any position.

> at domain i got a error message this station tried to be
> a master browser. when I see the explanation at the web
> they said subnet is incorrect while check it's same
> subnet mask.

Disable the Computer Browser service on the Workstation.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

thnk for the reply what is bij?