Cannot access to doamin frm workstation

Hello:
I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print server every can print
no problem but one workstation winxp pro cannot print.

I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime it's print for a
while sometime don't
I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I logon to domain.

at domain i got a error message this station tried to be a master browser.
when I see the explanation at the web they said subnet is incorrect while
check it's same subnet mask.

Can anybody help in this matter.
I really appreciate, if u need more info u can send me a email @
tomnj@usa.net
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot access doamin workstation

    the masterbrowser error can be stoped bij disabling the computer browser
    service.
    can't help you with the other error

    "John" <ita@bway.net> schreef in bericht
    > Hello:
    > I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print server every can print
    > no problem but one workstation winxp pro cannot print.
    >
    > I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime it's print for a
    > while sometime don't
    > I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I logon to domain.
    >
    > at domain i got a error message this station tried to be a master
    > browser.
    > when I see the explanation at the web they said subnet is incorrect while
    > check it's same subnet mask.
    >
    > Can anybody help in this matter.
    > I really appreciate, if u need more info u can send me a email @
    > tomnj@usa.net

    In news:5P2dnVOxJ_BoBmvcRVn-vQ@bway.net,
    John <ita@bway.net> commented
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Hello:
    > I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print
    > server every can print no problem but one workstation
    > winxp pro cannot print.
    >
    > I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime
    > it's print for a while sometime don't
    > I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I
    > logon to domain.

    Does the XP client TCP/IP properties only have the local AD DNS server
    listed?
    No ISP or external DNS alowed on an AD domain member, in any position.

    > at domain i got a error message this station tried to be
    > a master browser. when I see the explanation at the web
    > they said subnet is incorrect while check it's same
    > subnet mask.

    Disable the Computer Browser service on the Workstation.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    thnk for the reply what is bij?
    thnaks angain
    "omko h" <omkoh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > the masterbrowser error can be stoped bij disabling the computer browser
    > service.
    > can't help you with the other error
    >
    > "John" <ita@bway.net> schreef in bericht
    > > Hello:
    > > I've a problem a while ago. I've windows2000 print server every can
    print
    > > no problem but one workstation winxp pro cannot print.
    > >
    > > I've to shutdown this workstation then restart sometime it's print for a
    > > while sometime don't
    > > I cannot access network drive and network printer. even I logon to
    domain.

    > > at domain i got a error message this station tried to be a master
    > > browser.
    > > when I see the explanation at the web they said subnet is incorrect
    while
    > > check it's same subnet mask.
    > >
    > > Can anybody help in this matter.
    > > I really appreciate, if u need more info u can send me a email @