Problem resolving names for some internet addresses

graeme

We are having problems accessing a number of internet sites. This has
been the case since Friday. Nothing was changed on the server so any
ideas as to why this has happened (and how to fix it) would be
appreciated. Most sites can be accessed. It is just some (that are
quite important to us) but the sites are okay, since can access them
from home no problem. Nslookup to these sites gets a time out from the
server.

We have 1 Windows 2000 server which is the DNS server.

Have cleared the cache in DNS in case something was sticking there but
this hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance
Graeme

In news:f3b3e6f7.0501260528.ac8a29@posting.google.com,
Graeme <graemewross@yahoo.co.uk> made a post then I commented below
> We are having problems accessing a number of internet sites. This has
> been the case since Friday. Nothing was changed on the server so any
> ideas as to why this has happened (and how to fix it) would be
> appreciated. Most sites can be accessed. It is just some (that are
> quite important to us) but the sites are okay, since can access them
> from home no problem. Nslookup to these sites gets a time out from the
> server.
>
> We have 1 Windows 2000 server which is the DNS server.
>
> Have cleared the cache in DNS in case something was sticking there but
> this hasn't helped.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Graeme

Not much to go on. We'll need specfic config info, Event log errors (Event
ID #s), an ipconfig /all, an example of an nslookup, etc.

You can try changing the server being used with nslookup by typing in:
server 4.2.2.2
(yes, you can try that server).

Have you also ran an AV scan and an anti-spyware program (such as
Microsoft's new one or Lavasoft's Adware)?

--?
Regards,
Ace

G O E A G L E S !!! Superbowl bound NFC Champs!!

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--?