Get Online Saturdays!

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Cross-posted from Gameware's forums:

So, you want more Creatures games? To make games, you need money. How do
you get money? You find a publisher willing to fund your project. I have an
idea to make some game publishers turn their heads GE's way. Here's the
grit:

One day (maybe once a month/fortnight?) we try to get as many people online
in DS as possible. Now, a target I'd like to aim for (though not
necessarily possible...) is to get one hundred people online in DS at one
time. Now there's something that would make the publishers take a look at
Creatures. A userbase that big after four years of the game? In its 3.5th
incarnation? Nice.
[...]
The big thing about this is that it must be BIG - 25 people online at once
just won't cut it. I propose an active advertisement scheme - banners,
buttons, etc. etc.

Original thread-
http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2395

It has now been decided that Get Online Day will be the first Saturday of
every month -- so fire up DS and Get Online!
--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com - Still In Development

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

So we hope to see as many people as possible on Docking Station all day for
the first Saturday of every month, starting Saturday 5th February :)

Lets show our support and prove the Creatures Community exists!

Don
AmberCreatures
http://creatures.amberz.net

nornagon wrote:

> Cross-posted from Gameware's forums:
>
> So, you want more Creatures games? To make games, you need money. How do
> you get money? You find a publisher willing to fund your project. I have
an
> idea to make some game publishers turn their heads GE's way. Here's the
> grit:
>
> One day (maybe once a month/fortnight?) we try to get as many people
online
> in DS as possible. Now, a target I'd like to aim for (though not
> necessarily possible...) is to get one hundred people online in DS at one
> time. Now there's something that would make the publishers take a look at
> Creatures. A userbase that big after four years of the game? In its 3.5th
> incarnation? Nice.
> [...]
> The big thing about this is that it must be BIG - 25 people online at
once
> just won't cut it. I propose an active advertisement scheme - banners,
> buttons, etc. etc.
>
> Original thread-
> http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2395
>
> It has now been decided that Get Online Day will be the first Saturday of
> every month -- so fire up DS and Get Online!

Mmm, DS. Yeah, I should run that again. *digs for his C3 discs*

nornagon wrote:

> Cross-posted from Gameware's forums:
>
> So, you want more Creatures games? To make games, you need money. How do
> you get money? You find a publisher willing to fund your project. I have
> an idea to make some game publishers turn their heads GE's way. Here's the
> grit:
>
> One day (maybe once a month/fortnight?) we try to get as many people
> online
> in DS as possible. Now, a target I'd like to aim for (though not
> necessarily possible...) is to get one hundred people online in DS at one
> time. Now there's something that would make the publishers take a look at
> Creatures. A userbase that big after four years of the game? In its 3.5th
> incarnation? Nice.
> [...]
> The big thing about this is that it must be BIG - 25 people online at
> once
> just won't cut it. I propose an active advertisement scheme - banners,
> buttons, etc. etc.
>
> Original thread-
> http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2395
>
> It has now been decided that Get Online Day will be the first Saturday of
> every month -- so fire up DS and Get Online!

[annotation]

The first event is on Feb 5th, so don't forget!

On 2005-01-31, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
> nornagon wrote:
>
>> Cross-posted from Gameware's forums:
>>
>> So, you want more Creatures games? To make games, you need money. How do
>> you get money? You find a publisher willing to fund your project. I have
>> an idea to make some game publishers turn their heads GE's way. Here's the
>> grit:
>>
>> One day (maybe once a month/fortnight?) we try to get as many people
>> online
>> in DS as possible. Now, a target I'd like to aim for (though not
>> necessarily possible...) is to get one hundred people online in DS at one
>> time. Now there's something that would make the publishers take a look at
>> Creatures. A userbase that big after four years of the game? In its 3.5th
>> incarnation? Nice.
>> [...]
>> The big thing about this is that it must be BIG - 25 people online at
>> once
>> just won't cut it. I propose an active advertisement scheme - banners,
>> buttons, etc. etc.
>>
>> Original thread-
>> http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2395
>>
>> It has now been decided that Get Online Day will be the first Saturday of
>> every month -- so fire up DS and Get Online!
>
> [annotation]
>
> The first event is on Feb 5th, so don't forget!

Oh, great... and me without net...
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com, nornagon@nornrock.com> wrote in

> Cross-posted from Gameware's forums:
>
> So, you want more Creatures games? To make games, you need money. How
> do
> you get money? You find a publisher willing to fund your project. I
> have an idea to make some game publishers turn their heads GE's way.
> Here's the grit:
>
> One day (maybe once a month/fortnight?) we try to get as many people
> online
> in DS as possible. Now, a target I'd like to aim for (though not
> necessarily possible...) is to get one hundred people online in DS at
> one time. Now there's something that would make the publishers take a
> look at Creatures. A userbase that big after four years of the game?
> In its 3.5th incarnation? Nice.
> [...]
> The big thing about this is that it must be BIG - 25 people online at
> once
> just won't cut it. I propose an active advertisement scheme - banners,
> buttons, etc. etc.
>
> Original thread-
> http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2395
>
> It has now been decided that Get Online Day will be the first Saturday
> of every month -- so fire up DS and Get Online!

Me wants C2 online! (never could warm up to those stupid-spaced-out-
looking C3 norns) lol

xOtix wrote:

> nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com, nornagon@nornrock.com> wrote in
>
>> Cross-posted from Gameware's forums:
>>
>> So, you want more Creatures games? To make games, you need money. How
>> do
>> you get money? You find a publisher willing to fund your project. I
>> have an idea to make some game publishers turn their heads GE's way.
>> Here's the grit:
>>
>> One day (maybe once a month/fortnight?) we try to get as many people
>> online
>> in DS as possible. Now, a target I'd like to aim for (though not
>> necessarily possible...) is to get one hundred people online in DS at
>> one time. Now there's something that would make the publishers take a
>> look at Creatures. A userbase that big after four years of the game?
>> In its 3.5th incarnation? Nice.
>> [...]
>> The big thing about this is that it must be BIG - 25 people online at
>> once
>> just won't cut it. I propose an active advertisement scheme - banners,
>> buttons, etc. etc.
>>
>> Original thread-
>> http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2395
>>
>> It has now been decided that Get Online Day will be the first Saturday
>> of every month -- so fire up DS and Get Online!
>
> Me wants C2 online! (never could warm up to those stupid-spaced-out-
> looking C3 norns) lol

Hehe, that'd be cool. Go make C22DS :D

--

nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com, nornagon@nornrock.com> wrote in news:41fecef1
@dnews.tpgi.com.au:

> xOtix wrote:
>>
>> Me wants C2 online! (never could warm up to those stupid-spaced-out-
>> looking C3 norns) lol
>
> Hehe, that'd be cool. Go make C22DS :D

Exactly!

(so when are you going to start the C22DS project?) ;`)

xOtix wrote:

> nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com, nornagon@nornrock.com> wrote in
> news:41fecef1 @dnews.tpgi.com.au:
>
>> xOtix wrote:
>>>
>>> Me wants C2 online! (never could warm up to those stupid-spaced-out-
>>> looking C3 norns) lol
>>
>> Hehe, that'd be cool. Go make C22DS :D
>
> Exactly!
>
> (so when are you going to start the C22DS project?) ;`)

Dunno... once I finish my SDL (or Qt) Map Editor.

--

> xOtix wrote:
>
>> nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com, nornagon@nornrock.com> wrote in
>> news:41fecef1 @dnews.tpgi.com.au:

>>> Hehe, that'd be cool. Go make C22DS :D
>>
>> Exactly!
>>
>> (so when are you going to start the C22DS project?) ;`)
>
> Dunno... once I finish my SDL (or Qt) Map Editor.

Shall I hold you to that? *playfulwink*