mapping internal network on external (public) dns

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Why is my Win2K DNS server trying to update our ISPs records and how do I
stop it from happening in the future?

Many Thanks,
Dave

In news:45C890E7-843F-4516-92D7-78E3B9454518@microsoft.com,
Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Why is my Win2K DNS server trying to update our ISPs
> records and how do I stop it from happening in the future?

If it is trying to update your ISP's DNS then it is trying to update a
record your ISP's DNS is the Master server for the name.
An ipconfig /all for the DC may tell us, or it could be your DNS attempting
the registration on the bahalf of a client.
Check all primary and connection specific suffixes and make sure none have a
domain name that is not hosted on your local DNS.
Most importantly make sure all DCs and Member clients/servers have only your
local DNS server's address in TCP/IP properties.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]