Bad Axe and Core 2 Exteme

bildo17

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I just put a new Core 2 Extreme processor in a new 975xbx (rev. 305) board. It posted fine and I entered the BIOS to change the voltage for the memory I want to use with it (Corsair XMS 1GB); I changed it from 1.9 to 2.1 as recommended by the Corsair website. I put in the Corsair and I got the "three-beep-memory-problem" response from the board. I took out the Corsair and put back in the generic 1 GB 533 stick that had been in there and now it won't post. I have changed the jumper settings, popped out the battery, stripped everything off the board except the memory, cpu, and video card, and still nothing. It powers up and the fans spin, but it won't post. I assume I need to change the voltage settings back but I don't know how to do that without being able to access the BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Core 2 Extreme 6800 CPU
975XBX, rev. 305 Mobo
7950 GX2 Video Card
XG Duro 900 watt PSU
Corsair XMS DDR2 Memory
4, 250 GB Hard drives in a RAID 0 array

Thanks,

Bill

t53186

Distinguished
On page 49 of the manual it explains the BIOS junper. If you need to recovery the BIOS, place the jumper in the recovery position with the IFlash BIOS update available from Intel's website. Follow the instructions carefully. After the BIOS recovery shut down, power off completely, place jumper in configure ro enter maintenance mode. ensure you processor and memory is recognized. Then move on.