Authoritive DNS server...?

2 questions

Where can I access Windows 2003 newgroups...?

I copied my AD's Primary DNS zone file from a Win2K DNS server (ServerA) to
a Win2K3 Domain Server DNS server (ServerB).

I downed the Win2K server and brought the Win2K3 server as primary server.
I changed the graphical settings to show ServerB as the main server.

When I do a netdiag, it shows the following

DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed

[WARNING] Cannot find a primary authoritative DNS server for the name

'Server2.abc.com.'. [ERROR_TIMEOUT]

How can I fix this...?

In news:OqTU2K%23BFHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Tom K <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> 2 questions
>
> Where can I access Windows 2003 newgroups...?
>
> I copied my AD's Primary DNS zone file from a Win2K DNS
> server (ServerA) to a Win2K3 Domain Server DNS server
> (ServerB).
>
> I downed the Win2K server and brought the Win2K3 server
> as primary server. I changed the graphical settings to
> show ServerB as the main server.
>
> When I do a netdiag, it shows the following
>

> DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
>
> [WARNING] Cannot find a primary authoritative DNS server
> for the name
>
> 'Server2.abc.com.'. [ERROR_TIMEOUT]
>

> How can I fix this...?

Set "Allow dynamic updates" on the zone to "Yes" and run Netdiag /fix
One would wonder why you didn't just do a zone transfer instead of copying
the zone file.
Better yet would have been to have made the zone AD integrated and let it
replicate. Then you don't have to mess with zone files and zone transfers at
all.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]