Secure Updates

Hi All,

I have windows 2000 AD integrated DNS. the DNS zones are configure to "Allow
Dynamic Updates" --> only secure updates"
The DNS serve also Linux machines, the Linux machines can't register
dynamically on my DNS.
Is there any way to give the Linux machines the ability to dynamically
register on my DNS and keep the security?

Thanks,

Nir

In news:O$Gve2CCFHA.2380@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Nir B <nir@icomverse.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi All,
>
> I have windows 2000 AD integrated DNS. the DNS zones are
> configure to "Allow Dynamic Updates" --> only secure
> updates"
> The DNS serve also Linux machines, the Linux machines
> can't register dynamically on my DNS.
> Is there any way to give the Linux machines the ability
> to dynamically register on my DNS and keep the security?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nir

Linux is considered a legacy client and does not support dynamic updates on
a Windows DNS server, DHCP will have to register the Linux client for you.
I'm also assuming the Linux has a static address so you'll have to use a
DHCP reservation for the Linux client, to have both dynamic updates and a
static address.
Or if the Linux is static, you can create a static host record in DNS.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

10X :)