Best spear - Early & late game

I'm starting over with a strict theme, using only spears and daggers,
(came across Crystalmere @ level 9 and put it in a chest - felt good to
do it). Is there any unique spears to hope for? What would be a good
early/mid game option as well?
6 answers Last reply
More about best spear early late game

    A decent very early spear is the one Ra'Vir sells with a bound-spear
    enchantment on it. Devil spear or Deamon spear or something
    like that. Getting the extra 10 in spear helps in the early game.
    There is a dwemer spear in the Angmumble dwemer ruins just
    outside of Fort Moonmoth if you want to enchant your own spear.

    There is Ilkurok (or something like that) that is standing about
    in a Dwemer ruin (the one the first Sadrith Mora fighter's guild
    quest is in). It has +15 night eye, which is very helpful in the
    early to mid game.

    There is the Spear of Bitter Mercy.

    I particularly like to enchant a lightweight spear (say silver spear)
    with bound spear on strike. This gives you the +10 spear skill,
    with a blade that renews itself frequently (does not dull out and
    need repairing much).

    Spears are a much under rated weapon. They are fast (though
    not quite as fast as a dagger), have that nice reach so you
    don't have to close completely with opponents and can really
    knock someone back/down if you hit them with a good running
    rush. There are also not terribly heavy. And, if you are not
    paying to train up, they help you build endurance. A spear and
    a medium cuirass pretty much guarantee at 2-3 point raise in
    endurance with nearly every level up.

    On 22 Feb 2005 14:27:00 -0800, "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >I particularly like to enchant a lightweight spear (say silver spear)
    >with bound spear on strike. This gives you the +10 spear skill,
    >with a blade that renews itself frequently (does not dull out and
    >need repairing much).

    A silver spear is a very good spear to have, regardless of whether you
    want to enchant it, especially in the early game. It kills the
    supernaturals that you are likely to meet early on; it does as much
    damage (or almost) as the Dwemer spear and weighs a lot less. I think
    a mechant in Pelegiad sells them, but I am not sure. It could have
    been Caldera or Ald'Ruhn. I just remember that one of my weaker
    characters found one for sale early on and never regretted buying it.
    He used it on the Tribunal assassains to great effect. Spear soon
    became his preferred weapon.
    --
    Nyctolops

    DeAnn wrote:

    > I particularly like to enchant a lightweight spear (say silver spear)
    > with bound spear on strike. This gives you the +10 spear skill,
    > with a blade that renews itself frequently (does not dull out and
    > need repairing much).

    Good tip. BTW, where to find a silver spear?

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:05:47 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >Good tip. BTW, where to find a silver spear?

    I just checked and the Armorer (right next to Ghorak Manor) in Caldera
    has one for sale.
    --
    Nyctolops

    Nyctolops wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:05:47 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >

    >>Good tip. BTW, where to find a silver spear?
    >

    > I just checked and the Armorer (right next to Ghorak Manor) in Caldera
    > has one for sale.

    Thank you! :)

    Bound Spear on STRIKE? Brilliant. Can't wait to try it.

Games Video Games