Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I want to find the perfect computer mouse for me

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 18, 2006 7:47:44 PM

I looked all over Newegg and all the mice they have to offer have different pros and cons, making a decision difficult. :? I wanted a Laser Mouse 6000 but someone gave a convincing story why I should not (totally awkward design and button placement) :cry:  .

The MX518 is supposed to last a short while and then stop working. I want something reliable durn it. :tongue:

The Razer mice all have I guess pointy ridges on the sides. Some of them advertise having 7 programmable buttons but I only see 2!!! 8O Can someone enlighten me on where those 7 programmable buttons are? :?:

Ultimately, the mouse I desire needs these things:
- Wired
- At least 2 programmable buttons along with the two standard left and right ones
- Comfortable
- Lasts me a long time
- Needs a scroll wheel good for changing weapons and such (not a "smooth" scroll wheel)
- Accurate
- DPI switching (optional)

I don't ask for much with this mouse yet for some reason it is hard to find one that has all of these qualities! :!:

I am right-handed.

I did not post this topic in Consumer Electronics because that board is dead and I need people to respond with their suggestions. :trophy:
August 18, 2006 7:54:27 PM

Quote:
I looked all over Newegg and all the mice they have to offer have different pros and cons, making a decision difficult. :? I wanted a Laser Mouse 6000 but someone gave a convincing story why I should not (totally awkward design and button placement) :cry:  .

The MX518 is supposed to last a short while and then stop working. I want something reliable durn it. :tongue:

The Razer mice all have I guess pointy ridges on the sides. Some of them advertise having 7 programmable buttons but I only see 2!!! 8O Can someone enlighten me on where those 7 programmable buttons are? :?:

Ultimately, the mouse I desire needs these things:
- Wired
- At least 2 programmable buttons along with the two standard left and right ones
- Comfortable
- Lasts me a long time
- Needs a scroll wheel good for changing weapons and such (not a "smooth" scroll wheel)
- Accurate
- DPI switching (optional)

I don't ask for much with this mouse yet for some reason it is hard to find one that has all of these qualities! :!:

I am right-handed.

I did not post this topic in Consumer Electronics because that board is dead and I need people to respond with their suggestions. :trophy:


Logitech G5 is the best wired mouse on the market imho period. I love mine, and the DPI switching without software is great.
August 18, 2006 9:15:45 PM

Thanks! I looked into some reviews on the G5 and discovered that it has everything I'm looking for. I just wish it was more conventional-looking but it'll have to do.

The programmable buttons on the G5 can be assigned keypresses and strings of keypresses for different programs and can be saved. So I'll probably get the G5 but I wish it came in different colors and textures.
Related resources
August 18, 2006 10:31:52 PM

Logitech G5 *deffo*. I have the G7, I have to confess I fell in love with wireless gaming mice since I bought the MX700.
August 19, 2006 12:56:46 AM

Quote:
Logitech G5 *deffo*. I have the G7, I have to confess I fell in love with wireless gaming mice since I bought the MX700.


I went from a wireless logitech back to wired. Wired mice just seem to have more control (at least the ones i have used) The battery also seems to run out at the worse time. G7 is an amazing mouse though, G5 without a cord and more buttons.
a b B Homebuilt system
August 19, 2006 1:45:46 AM

Quote:
Logitech G5 *deffo*. I have the G7, I have to confess I fell in love with wireless gaming mice since I bought the MX700.

Is the G7 bluetooth? My dad had a bluetooth and it lagged like hell...

I still use my mx700 and elite keyboard
August 19, 2006 2:53:30 AM

Is there really a benefit to buying a $70-$120 mouse? I use a simple Logitech Optical, wired. Costed me $15 new and has lasted me for over 3+ years. The paint has been rubbed smooth on the area where i have constantly clicked. I, personally, find that ALOT of the new "gaming" mouse are very uncofortable and cost alot. People brag that they just purchased there brang new 1200dpi mouse that u can change the weight out of. Which there is no point cus i will still rock you in FPS's with my normal mouse.
August 19, 2006 3:06:41 AM

I own a G5 like shadowduck, and its THE best mouse i have ever used. Programable DPI and the thumb inprint is a definite plus. Its about 45 bucks on newegg.com I highly recommend it.
August 19, 2006 3:07:03 AM

Quote:
Is there really a benefit to buying a $70-$120 mouse? I use a simple Logitech Optical, wired. Costed me $15 new and has lasted me for over 3+ years. The paint has been rubbed smooth on the area where i have constantly clicked. I, personally, find that ALOT of the new "gaming" mouse are very uncofortable and cost alot. People brag that they just purchased there brang new 1200dpi mouse that u can change the weight out of. Which there is no point cus i will still rock you in FPS's with my normal mouse.


Logitech G5 is $40 or so and worth every penny. It is all about feel, and the G5 just feels better to use. The weights help adjust the mouse to the exact feel you seek.
August 19, 2006 3:15:53 AM

G5
August 19, 2006 4:02:03 AM

I also went from wireless back to wired. Its lighter. I work at a computer all day then I go home to relax on the computer, shopping and then playing games. The heavy battery wireless mouse wore me out.

I currently use a MS Intellimouse 3.0 that has a fit like the Logitech. comfortable.
!