Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Right now I have a ASUS P5B mobo and a Pentium D 805 processor. If I was to change something, what should I change and to what?

I would like to stick with Intel having the capabilities to go C2D.

Should I either change the mobo, processor or both?

Any comments or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Anything guys? I really need some help deciding what to do, I think imma go to compusa tonight and see if they can install my Zalman 9550 Led HSF. I dunno if it will work with my ASUS P5B mobo, but I guess ill find out either tonight or tomorrow.

I gotta figure out something to do and get a plan, cause I only have 7 days to send back my cpu, and its ticking away as I type this.

Thanks

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
There's nothing wrong with that processor ONLY if you want to use it for its most popular purpose ie a MONSTER OVERCLOCK.

At stock, it sucks.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Your P5B (whether Deluxe or not) uses a 965 chipset and supports Conroe just fine. No reason to change it.
The 805 is a screaming overclocker. At stock (or even near stock) speeds it sucks. If you have to have CompUSA install a HSF, I assume you are not overclocking. So if true, get rid of the 805.

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I have the Zalman 9500 sitting on the floor that exact one, but im not sure if its compatible with my motherboard, if it is I cant seem to figure it out. If you have any suggestions on it please do tell.

Edit: Oh and also could someone give me the online web link to update my bios, I called intel and they said updating bios could possibly help temperatures. But I beleive there is a online update method, I just dont know where to upgrade bios from online.

I Appreciate it. Thanks

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Is there a way to update my ASUS P5B bios without going into the bios, I heard that there was just dont know where or how.

What do you mean im ok, do you have any better instructions then the instructions tell me and ther website tell me, because I cant seem to get it on or understand the instructions.

Thanks