Pocket Access missing from 2003?

January 2, 2005 3:03:03 PM

I cannot seem to run or use or find Pocket Access on my new HP 4705 running
2003 second edition.

Does anyone know what I need to run Access in this new version?

I have searched the Microsoft web site and cannot find any information about
it.

Earl
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 8:07:34 PM

Thank you for the speedy response. The link is great and finally answered
my questions. I had a very old handheld that did have pocket Access and I
made the incorrect assumption when I moved up that it would still be there.
I can now stop looking for it and start looking for other options.

Regards,

Earl
"René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> wrote in message
news:p TVBd.10020$iC4.8698@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300

January 2, 2005 8:07:35 PM

There's a 2nd part to that blog that you might find helpful at...

Pocket PC Access Database Alternatives (Missing Apps Part II)
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3358

In case you are looking for other Desktop/Pocket PC application analogs,
I have a bunch listed in my "Where is it for the Pocket PC QuickFAQs" at...

http://ogasawalrus.com/mobileviews/mobilefaqs/WhereIsIt

--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

Earl wrote:
> Thank you for the speedy response. The link is great and finally answered
> my questions. I had a very old handheld that did have pocket Access and I
> made the incorrect assumption when I moved up that it would still be there.
> I can now stop looking for it and start looking for other options.
>
> Regards,
>
> Earl
> "René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> wrote in message
> news:p TVBd.10020$iC4.8698@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:07:24 AM

No, No, No. Pocket Access is not like Pocket Word & Pocket Excel. It is
essentially an application that converts a *.mdb file to *.cdb file for
use on a Pocket PC. (MS MVP's please clarify if not correct). It is
neccessary to purchase 3rd-party software to access the data in the
*.cdb file. I personally HIGHLY recommend SprintDB Pro (www.pocketGear.com).

David H

Earl Bowry wrote:

> I cannot seem to run or use or find Pocket Access on my new HP 4705 running
> 2003 second edition.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to run Access in this new version?
>
> I have searched the Microsoft web site and cannot find any information about
> it.
>
> Earl

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 7:37:22 PM

Take a look at Visual CE. It is worth it. www.syware.com

Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
news:o DK7rDP8EHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!