Cannot Load Remote Desktop in XP Pro

October 21, 2004 3:26:13 PM

At work we have many Dell gx270 PCs ghosted with XP Pro/.MS Office Premium
image.
When we attempt to load Remote Desktop error message appears
stating Remote Desktop is already installed, but we can't find it.
I'm thinking the vendor used a gpedit.msc or services.msc
modification to disable Remote Desktop. Vendor no longer supporting these
PCs.
How can I enable Remote Desktop?

Thanks,
Mike
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 2:03:25 AM

You may have a corrupted image.
Check Windows services and see it it is running.
Try Start; Run; gpedit.msc and see if it is disabled there.
Worst case is a visit to each workstation.

Spiderrman

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:26:13 GMT, "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote:

>At work we have many Dell gx270 PCs ghosted with XP Pro/.MS Office Premium
>image.
>When we attempt to load Remote Desktop error message appears
> stating Remote Desktop is already installed, but we can't find it.
>I'm thinking the vendor used a gpedit.msc or services.msc
> modification to disable Remote Desktop. Vendor no longer supporting these
> PCs.
>How can I enable Remote Desktop?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike