Cannot Load Remote Desktop in XP Pro

At work we have many Dell gx270 PCs ghosted with XP Pro/.MS Office Premium
image.
When we attempt to load Remote Desktop error message appears
stating Remote Desktop is already installed, but we can't find it.
I'm thinking the vendor used a gpedit.msc or services.msc
modification to disable Remote Desktop. Vendor no longer supporting these
PCs.
How can I enable Remote Desktop?

Thanks,
Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot load remote desktop

    You may have a corrupted image.
    Check Windows services and see it it is running.
    Try Start; Run; gpedit.msc and see if it is disabled there.
    Worst case is a visit to each workstation.

    Spiderrman

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:26:13 GMT, "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >At work we have many Dell gx270 PCs ghosted with XP Pro/.MS Office Premium
    >image.
    >When we attempt to load Remote Desktop error message appears
    > stating Remote Desktop is already installed, but we can't find it.
    >I'm thinking the vendor used a gpedit.msc or services.msc
    > modification to disable Remote Desktop. Vendor no longer supporting these
    > PCs.
    >How can I enable Remote Desktop?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    Where do I look in gpedit.msc?

    Mike

    "spiderrman" <whatsup@wb.com> wrote in message
    > You may have a corrupted image.
    > Check Windows services and see it it is running.
    > Try Start; Run; gpedit.msc and see if it is disabled there.
    > Worst case is a visit to each workstation.
    >
    > Spiderrman
    >
    > On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:26:13 GMT, "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>At work we have many Dell gx270 PCs ghosted with XP Pro/.MS Office Premium
    >>image.
    >>When we attempt to load Remote Desktop error message appears
    >> stating Remote Desktop is already installed, but we can't find it.
    >>I'm thinking the vendor used a gpedit.msc or services.msc
    >> modification to disable Remote Desktop. Vendor no longer supporting these
    >> PCs.
    >>How can I enable Remote Desktop?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mike