Running office 2000 32 bit on 64 bit windows 7 appcrash

Windows 7 64 bit will not run office 2000 32 bit software, even in compatibility mode. Is there a work-around for this? After opening excel, ie, I get an error message, "appcrash" with details and it shuts down.

I installed the 32 bit windows 7, all of the software worked fine but the computer wouldn't start from sleep mode so I restored it to original factory settings.
5 answers Last reply
More about running office 2000 windows appcrash
  1. You might be able to get away with it in XP mode which is an emulated windows xp
  2. mightymaxio said:
    You might be able to get away with it in XP mode which is an emulated windows xp

You need Win 7 Home Premium or better to run XP mode. Also, that's quite a bit of work to run an outdated version of office.
  3. JudyM said:
    Windows 7 64 bit will not run office 2000 32 bit software, even in compatibility mode. Is there a work-around for this? After opening excel, ie, I get an error message, "appcrash" with details and it shuts down.

I installed the 32 bit windows 7, all of the software worked fine but the computer wouldn't start from sleep mode so I restored it to original factory settings.
  4. You thank.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Office Software