Buying new computer i need some help choosing a case.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I need some hellp choosing a case for my new system and i was looking for a full tower case for gaming,,,,, running cool and is well built. the one i was looking at looks like it would get great ventilation and would be great for overclocking...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811103008

You're obviously not concerned with looks though!

Why not just get a P180?

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
yea i am concerned about looks... i like the led blue and i think that any recomendations on a full tower would be great, and a power supply thats sli ready........

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
yea i am concerned about looks... i like the led blue and i think that any recomendations on a full tower would be great, and a power supply thats sli ready........

Trust me. Don't buy that PC if you intend to run it 24/7 and sleep in the same room. I had an Antec 1000AMG PlusView with one blue LED fan and 2 LED fans in the PSU and it was hard to get to sleep when it was on. Bought a P180 today and it's quiet and it doesn't have stupid blue LED's and my girlfriend even thinks it's stylish :)

calyn

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2005
Looks is very subjective and if like the looks of that case, by all means go for it. The specs most certainly promise a good airflow. The light will indeed probably keep you awake if the case is in the bedroom though unless you shut it down.

What I'd really like is this case though 8O

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Some of the better full tower cases out there are the armor/kandolf (thermaltake) and the stacker (coolermaster). You haven't listed a budget though and both those cases cost more than the one you've shown.

I haven't seen any reviews on the cases with a 25cm fan, the armor/kandolf has a side 25cm fan available.

If you like the idea of the big fan I personally think that the armor/kandolf look better but that is subjective.

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
i think that that case is kick asss that you showed me but i also cant spend crazy amounts of money on a case. my budgit for my whole pc is like 2000 dollars

any suggestions noe that i can get a great cooled case

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
i think that that case is kick asss that you showed me but i also cant spend crazy amounts of money on a case. my budgit for my whole pc is like 2000 dollars

any suggestions noe that i can get a great cooled case

Case that who showed you?

_Morphine_

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
Well as someone already said beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

To overclock is to tinker, and to tinker in a crappy case is hell.

I suggest something a bit simpler that is WELL BUILT. Good looks, cheap, and well made is a tough combo to find.

Its not nearly as flashy but quality is always my deciding factor.

Boggerslosh

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Well as someone already said beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

To overclock is to tinker, and to tinker in a crappy case is hell.

I suggest something a bit simpler that is WELL BUILT. Good looks, cheap, and well made is a tough combo to find.

Its not nearly as flashy but quality is always my deciding factor.

I agree. I have a Lian Li and it is very solid piece of work. Cooling on mine is okay. Only 2 120's. One front, which is kinda blocked by all my hard drives, and one back. I keep the side open and draw 69 degree (F) into it from my living room AC via a seperate fan. Keeps my CPU and GPU idling at 32C and 34C respectively.

The idle air temp can make all the difference.

D-Lew

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
I'm hooked on mine. Not sure if you'll like the styling or not, but it's cheap, was easy to build in, plenty of room, lit up very nicely, and is also compatible with a bunch of boards. Everything is screwless. Cooling seems to be great for my system and there's an optional spot for a 3rd 12cm fan on the front, in addition to the other two. The one on the side is lit bright blue and the bars on the front are UV reactive, so they are a little darker blue, but they look absolutely hot. This was my first build and I was very pleased with how well everything worked out. Colors are silver, black, blue, and orange with a dark tinted window on the front door, you can see bright lights through it.
NZXT Apollo

dmacfour

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
The Centurion 5 from cooler master is a good choice. It has a great price ($50), the entire front is a mesh that sucks air throughout the case, alot of space, and it is mostly tool free. Keeps my CPU at 30-32 degrees C.

_Morphine_

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
While shopping for my last case I noticed how popular it is to have a door.

I use my optical drives everyday so my Antec Sonata door is ALWAYS open...Why have it then? When I decided to get a new case I wanted something that could hide the drives but not have a door. Hence the Lian Li cases, not to beat a dead horse. Other manufacturers make bezels to stealth the drives as well. I guess if I never used the optical drives it wouldnt bother me.

The NZXT LEXA's front finish looks brushed online. I saw it in a store not too long ago and was surprised just how mirror-like the finish was. I could see myself in it...just a heads-up.