Plz anyone tell me catagories of Cablles used in LAN.

In article <dd284694.0409302055.25a8ce06@posting.google.com>,
alitoday <alitoday@gmail.com> wrote:
:plz anyone tell me catagories of Cablles used in LAN.

That depends what you mean by "categories". There were many schemes
used before wiring standardization. If you are referring to official
standards such as being referred to by "Cat5 cable", then you need
to indicate whether you are interested only in standards that have
already been ratified, or if you are also interested in standards
that are still in draft.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/LANs/cabling-faq/section-12.html
http://www.lanshack.com/cat5e-tutorial.asp
--
If a troll and a half can hook a reader and a half in a posting and a half,
how many readers can six trolls hook in six postings?

alitoday <alitoday@gmail.com> wrote:
> Plz anyone tell me catagories of Cablles used in LAN.

Well, let's see - grey one 6 feet long , and yellow ones 2 feet. Plus on most
sites black ones, 4 feet with square ends.

--
Peter Håkanson

alitoday wrote:

> Plz anyone tell me catagories of Cablles used in LAN.

Well, in my LAN at home there are a bunch of 6-foot white cables and a few 3
and 6 foot blue ones, and a few big thick black ones with a big square
connector on one end and a d-shaped one on the other, and a lot of black or
white round ones with round connectors, and a few orange ones with little
square connectors and a few more orange ones with a kind of oval-shaped
connector that's a bit bulky, and a couple of red ones, and a lot of white
ones that go into and out of the walls, and a 50-foot green one, and what
am I forgetting?

Seriously, this information is available in many places on the Internet,
should be in your text, should be in your class notes, your library should
have at least one book on cabling if you're taking a class for which that
information is required, and if you're lucky it will have a copy of the
current revision of EIA/TIA-568.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

alitoday wrote:

> Plz anyone tell me catagories of Cablles used in LAN.

Best place for a discussion about cables is naturally comp.dcom.cabling
See you there.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
comp.dcom.lans.ethernet - 5444 messages and counting!