Web Site Not Accessible.

Stanley

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

We have Win2k Server and AD.
Having set-up the internal domain as per best practice mycompany.co.uk. And
pointed the Server NIC at itself and the DNS forwarding to the Router,
surfing the Internet from desktop and server works well.
Unfortunately, we can no longer see the company web-site
www.mycompany.co.uk, which is held offsite.
What do I need to set-up in the DNS to re-direct to the web-site.

In news:2E2655B8-70ED-4F28-A58A-FC15E5D7A8B9@microsoft.com,
Stanley <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> We have Win2k Server and AD.
> Having set-up the internal domain as per best practice
> mycompany.co.uk. And pointed the Server NIC at itself and
> the DNS forwarding to the Router, surfing the Internet
> from desktop and server works well.
> Unfortunately, we can no longer see the company web-site
> www.mycompany.co.uk, which is held offsite.
> What do I need to set-up in the DNS to re-direct to the
> web-site.

Add a new host record named www to the internal mycompany.co.uk zone, and
give it the IP address of the website.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]