MySQL - How to connect?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 13, 2005 10:36:20 AM

Hi All,

I am a C programmer using windows xp with MySQL installed.
I have written a piece of code to access an Access .mdb file on my
computer using MS SQL commands.

Question:

Is there any way I can change the connection string to access a free
SQL Server with a free database on it? In other words, are
the any free server connections out there that I could test my code on?
If so, could someone please email me the connection string needed - DSN
Name, PWD, UID, etc so I can connect to the database.

Thanks in advance

John

email: johncomputers2004@hotmail.com

--
yjohnw

More about : mysql connect

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:07:26 AM

"yjohnw" <yjohnw.1ke9x1@mail.webservertalk.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,
>
> I am a C programmer using windows xp with MySQL installed.
> I have written a piece of code to access an Access .mdb file on my
> computer using MS SQL commands.
>
> Question:
>
> Is there any way I can change the connection string to access a free
> SQL Server with a free database on it? In other words, are
> the any free server connections out there that I could test my code on?

You might want to try this question on a C, SQL, or
even MySQL (which is it MS or My?) group....

You will likely get more help than on this DNS list.
(NO problem and you might get lucky and receive
a useful answer here.)

> If so, could someone please email me the connection string needed - DSN
> Name, PWD, UID, etc so I can connect to the database.

--
Herb Martin