Custom root hints

I want to use custom root hints from our private network. When I add
this hints under predefined internet root servers, system does not
translate private names, but translate internet addreses. When I delete
predefined internet root servers, and add our private roots, then system
work correctly, translate both internet and private names. But
unfortunatelly, after short time (few minutes) sytem add predefined
roots automatically back above to our local roots.

It is standard behaviour? How I can prevent this behaviour?

P.L.

In news:%23RYR$00EFHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
tecka" <""lazna\"@volny(tecka)cz <""lazna\"@volny(tecka)cz"> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> I want to use custom root hints from our private network.
> When I add this hints under predefined internet root
> servers, system does not translate private names, but
> translate internet addreses. When I delete predefined
> internet root servers, and add our private roots, then
> system work correctly, translate both internet and
> private names. But unfortunatelly, after short time (few
> minutes) sytem add predefined roots automatically back
> above to our local roots.
>
> It is standard behaviour? How I can prevent this
> behaviour?

Manually edit the cache.dns files with the root servers you want to use,
keep in mind to edit the cache.dns file in the
%systemroot%\system32\dns\backup folder, too. Then restart the DNS service.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

It`s WORK! Thanks a lot!