Sign in with
Your question

hey guys can you help me with a bf2 prob?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 19, 2006 1:54:17 AM

sorry guys i know this is the vid card forum but i guess the peeps at the game forum have no clue. and i know you guys are the real experts anyways :wink:

so here it is

've tried installing bf2 but sometimes it gets an error before the cd key and sometimes it gets an error while intalling.. saying start over..
i had it installed before but had to go to safemode to do it. after i installed 1.3 it crapped out and would get suck at the desktop.. so i uninstalled it, deleted all the folders and regestry.. now it won't even install under safe mode..
i tried manualy installing and get corrupt file on the data2 zip when pasting it in the folder.. my comp even hangs up sometimes just exploring the disk...
the disk is new and installs fine on my sons computer. i installed the disk 3 times on his comp and never a problem. i can ever paste the data2 file on the other comp....

amd 3200+
1 gig ocz
x1900xt
500 watt antec truepower
liteon dvd/rw shw-160p6s i did update this..
all other games install and run great..
and the comp is 2 months olds.
thanks

More about : hey guys bf2 prob

August 19, 2006 2:11:37 AM

I use to enjoy Battlefield2 but refuse to play it or purchase any expansions due to EA and Dice's very poor support for the game. Patch 1.3 is plagued with problems and they've done nothing to fix it. Another thing I strongly dislike is their unwillingness to add true widescreen support to Battlefield2.

Wait for 1.4; you won't be able to play with 1.3 even when you get it installed.
August 19, 2006 2:25:16 AM

the only way it ran with 1.3 was using a no cd crack, then punkbuster would boot me for my vicious hack.. the 1.4 beta is out but i can't get 1.0 installed :( 
Related resources
August 19, 2006 2:53:22 AM

Quote:
sorry guys i know this is the vid card forum but i guess the peeps at the game forum have no clue. and i know you guys are the real experts anyways :wink:

so here it is

've tried installing bf2 but sometimes it gets an error before the cd key and sometimes it gets an error while intalling.. saying start over..
i had it installed before but had to go to safemode to do it. after i installed 1.3 it crapped out and would get suck at the desktop.. so i uninstalled it, deleted all the folders and regestry.. now it won't even install under safe mode..
i tried manualy installing and get corrupt file on the data2 zip when pasting it in the folder.. my comp even hangs up sometimes just exploring the disk...
the disk is new and installs fine on my sons computer. i installed the disk 3 times on his comp and never a problem. i can ever paste the data2 file on the other comp....

Ahem... Yes, I am a snobish S.O.B. Why do I say that? Because after I read

Quote:
sorry guys i know this is the vid card forum but i guess the peeps at the game forum have no clue. and i know you guys are the real experts anyways

I thought ye were 12 years old....

Ahem... what's with the talk, brother?

You have a son?! Uhmmm...

Anyhow, act your age, not your shoe size. When I sober up tomorrow morning I might come up with a solution to your problem.

Good night.

EDIT: Clean your CD drive in the mean time....
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2006 3:07:44 AM

RAM often causes this kind of problem.
August 19, 2006 3:51:37 AM

Anyhow, act your age, not your shoe size. When I sober up tomorrow morning I might come up with a solution to your problem

I came here for help not stupitity. I thought the legal drinking age was 21 not 12.

anwho.. it can't be the ram. i have 1 gig of ocz in duel channel..
it's not that it won't run it won't install.. everything is brand new..
i was thinking maybe a compadabilty problem with the cd rom maybe..
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2006 4:53:41 AM

Quote:
Anyhow, act your age, not your shoe size.

I can tell you have a single digit IQ.

Quote:
When I sober up tomorrow morning I might come up with a solution to your problem

Like I said, you are a efing moron. STFU. Ef you and your drunken Efing comments.

Quote:
I came here for help not stupitity.

Where you should be is in your mama's cu:t asking yourself why you were born you A$$hole. Why don't do that for us. Imagine for us.

Quote:
I thought the legal drinking age was 21 not 12.

You thought. That is beyond you comprehension you Efing little man from OCZ.

Quote:
anwho..

:roll: I've heard morons talk and I've heard you. You are a bigger moron that you can possibly comprehend.

Quote:
it can't be the ram. i have 1 gig of ocz in duel channel..

Maybe you are just imaging you do like you imagine you are sorry you were ever born and have to live such a EF'd up life.

Quote:
it's not that it won't run it won't install.. everything is brand new..

Yeah, it works fine, it's your Efing dumb ass that is Efing it up. Think about there in your mama's cun!.

Quote:
i was thinking maybe a compadabilty problem with the cd rom maybe..

Yeah, That's it. A lot of CD ROMs have compatibility issues. Especially if you are running Window 95. Ef you.
August 19, 2006 2:38:21 PM

Quote:
Anyhow, act your age, not your shoe size. When I sober up tomorrow morning I might come up with a solution to your problem

badge if you'd look salva made that comment not me. sorry i forgot to use the quote thing..
i thought this forum was here to help people not start fights.
[/quote][/quote]
August 20, 2006 6:45:12 AM

I had a problem just like this with GTA:SA, after a fair bit of googling forums it seemed some DVD burners like the one i had seemed to have trouble reading the disc. It's quite possible it wont work, but if you have an external drive kicking around i'd give it a shot.
August 20, 2006 7:18:44 AM

Quote:

badge if you'd look salva made that comment not me. sorry i forgot to use the quote thing..
i thought this forum was here to help people not start fights.
[/quote][/quote]

thats just sad . . .
August 20, 2006 7:40:06 AM

Quote:
I had a problem just like this with GTA:SA, after a fair bit of googling forums it seemed some DVD burners like the one i had seemed to have trouble reading the disc. It's quite possible it wont work, but if you have an external drive kicking around i'd give it a shot.

some drives have issues wit the copy protect system in place. thats why the game will work on yr other PC and not ur prob. new drive maybe.
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2006 12:16:25 PM

You should be over at one of the official or unofficial BF2 forums for an answer.

I've never had an install issue on BF2, but that 1.3 patch gave me my first issues on one system I had. I got a crackle while using an Audigy 2 that went away with an audigy 2 ZS, and my USB plantronics headset picked up a huge lag issue after 130+ hours of perfect gaming with it before the patch. Unfortunately there are no driver updates for it, so despite loads of attempts, I was sunk and ended up buying a plain analog headset.

Anyway, since you own the game and may have an issue reading the CD on that drive, you may try using a different optical like was suggested. Either that or install from a mounted image if possible. But again, hitting the right forums would be the best start in finding an answer as this obviously has nothing to do with video cards.
!