What permissions are needed to see cached entries on DNS s..

Hi,

I am trying to find out how a "data administrator" or non-privileged users
in AD can view all the cached entries for records that are received through
forwarded accounts.

e.g. external name resolution entries cached through the config settings -
server, properties, forwarders.

It appears only domain admins have this permission in W2000 and probably
W2003. We are running W2000 AD.

Thanks in advance,

Ed C.
2 answers Last reply
More about what permissions needed cached entries

    In news:6D96AB04-F40F-4073-843A-87D8E3C334EE@microsoft.com,
    ed@lehigh.com <ed@lehigh.com@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to find out how a "data administrator" or
    > non-privileged users in AD can view all the cached
    > entries for records that are received through forwarded
    > accounts.
    >
    > e.g. external name resolution entries cached through the
    > config settings - server, properties, forwarders.
    >
    > It appears only domain admins have this permission in
    > W2000 and probably W2003. We are running W2000 AD.

    Are you referring to cached lookups in the DNS management console?

    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
    Hope This Helps
    ===================================
    ===================================
    http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    ===================================
    It will strip signature out and more
    ===================================
    with OEBackup:
    ===================================

    Hi Kevin,

    Yes - it was as simple as that - changing the view to advanced on my MMC.

    Thanks,

    Ed

    "Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" wrote:

    > In news:6D96AB04-F40F-4073-843A-87D8E3C334EE@microsoft.com,
    > ed@lehigh.com <ed@lehigh.com@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
    > Then Kevin replied below:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am trying to find out how a "data administrator" or
    > > non-privileged users in AD can view all the cached
    > > entries for records that are received through forwarded
    > > accounts.
    > >
    > > e.g. external name resolution entries cached through the
    > > config settings - server, properties, forwarders.
    > >
    > > It appears only domain admins have this permission in
    > > W2000 and probably W2003. We are running W2000 AD.
    >
    > Are you referring to cached lookups in the DNS management console?
    > View> Advanced
    >

    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]