What permissions are needed to see cached entries on DNS s..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 15, 2005 6:19:03 PM

Hi,

I am trying to find out how a "data administrator" or non-privileged users
in AD can view all the cached entries for records that are received through
forwarded accounts.

e.g. external name resolution entries cached through the config settings -
server, properties, forwarders.

It appears only domain admins have this permission in W2000 and probably
W2003. We are running W2000 AD.

Thanks in advance,

Ed C.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:20:14 AM

In news:6D96AB04-F40F-4073-843A-87D8E3C334EE@microsoft.com,
ed@lehigh.com <ed@lehigh.com@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find out how a "data administrator" or
> non-privileged users in AD can view all the cached
> entries for records that are received through forwarded
> accounts.
>
> e.g. external name resolution entries cached through the
> config settings - server, properties, forwarders.
>
> It appears only domain admins have this permission in
> W2000 and probably W2003. We are running W2000 AD.

Are you referring to cached lookups in the DNS management console?
View> Advanced

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Hi Kevin,

Yes - it was as simple as that - changing the view to advanced on my MMC.

Thanks,

Ed

!