win2003 event 1030 & 1058

Dirk

LS.

I've a client with windows 2003 and the events 1030 and 1058 appears in the
event log. (Client had some DNS issues in the past).
I found KB 888943 from MS and started adsiedit.msc, but if I look at the
string I cannot see any incorrect domain name.
Cleared the event log and just in case I ran the gpudate, no errors where
after this utility.

Any ideas? should it be fine now? keep close watch? other suggestions?

Dirk

In news:u1ryX0EFFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Dirk <reknojkrid@hotmail.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> LS.
>
> I've a client with windows 2003 and the events 1030 and
> 1058 appears in the event log. (Client had some DNS
> issues in the past).
> I found KB 888943 from MS and started adsiedit.msc, but
> if I look at the string I cannot see any incorrect domain
> name.
> Cleared the event log and just in case I ran the gpudate,
> no errors where after this utility.
>
> Any ideas? should it be fine now? keep close watch? other
> suggestions?

Make sure the client is using the internal DNS only, and that the TCP/IP
NetBIOS Helper service is running.
The TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service is required to access the DFS share
\\domain.com\SYSVOL

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Dirk

Thanks for the advice.
Will check netbios service. Only internal DNS is used.

Dirk