Wilderness Sounds

Anyone using this?

I recently reinstalled Morrowind and added a number of mods new to me
including Wilderness Sounds. Started an Imperial male and wanted him to
eventually do Children of the Night Part 2. While he could do this without
doing CON 1, for roleplaying purposes I wanted him to do that too. I have
put characters through this a number of times before with no problems with
fewer mods and no Wilderness Sounds.

This time is different. At the beginning of Con1 there are three npc's the
other side of the silt strider. The leader is Mitas. He triggers a fight
with smugglers and then disappears until CON2. No Mitas -- no fight. He is
there at the begining but every time I went to start the fight he had
disappeared -- his 2 partners were there. I finally got through the fight
by doing it first without exiting the game either deliberately or because of
a crash. Think that the reload is what deletes him.

Wilderness Sounds incorporates the Bitter Coast sounds and I know that mod
deletes critters in or near the swamps which are replaced by insects. Wonder
if it also deletes NPC's from mods.

Anyone know what is going on here?

BTW CON1 and CON2 have a very good story even though the speech is sometimes
awkward because English is not the modders first language. A new character
can handle CON1. CON2 takes a fairly high character and my Imperial won't
attempt it before he is high 20's or 30's.

Thirinel

>From the readme, the Wilderness Mod changes spawning points for
random critters....so shouldn't affect what other mods do. I have
noticed
interference when two mods dink with the same cell. Sometimes
this can be overcome by using one of the user tools to merge
mods. Testoolkits is one such. I use it all the time now.

another thing to try is to change the order of the mods (the last one
takes precidence). Opening and saving the mod in the construction
set will redate the mod and change the order.

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >From the readme, the Wilderness Mod changes spawning points for
> random critters....so shouldn't affect what other mods do. I have
> noticed
> interference when two mods dink with the same cell. Sometimes
> this can be overcome by using one of the user tools to merge
> mods. Testoolkits is one such. I use it all the time now.
>
> another thing to try is to change the order of the mods (the last one
> takes precidence). Opening and saving the mod in the construction
> set will redate the mod and change the order.

Thanks for the advice, DeAnn. I noticed other dialog and character action
problems: Some topics were not available and even replaced. Also skooma in
the mod is supposed to raise a NPC'sattitude and it didn't. I decided to
ompletely reinstall Morrowind and some selected mods postponing others.