Sign in with
Your question

Newegg.com Ripping everybody with am2 5000+

Last response: in CPUs
August 19, 2006 12:59:22 PM

HOLY SHYTT! thats not a bad Price as you may think. It's only a L2 cache tuned down version of a FX-62. SO its a pretty decent price
Related resources
August 19, 2006 2:19:59 PM

Quote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Should this CPU be like 350 or less?

That's not bad when you look at this.

Linkage!

That price will come down nicely when more vendors get them in stock and have them available for purchase. Supply and demand. Competition will change these prices but only when there is sufficient supply for companies to actually be able to compete with one another for your dollar.

Newegg is a very large etailer. They probably order enough to get these procs before many others. That will change. If you're in the market for an X2 5000, just be patient.
August 19, 2006 2:20:52 PM

$48 above the retail price? Wow.
August 19, 2006 3:59:45 PM

Quote:

The point was that the 5000+ is FASTER THAN 965 in nearly EVERY benchmark, but you don't compare Core 2 to that so STFU!!!!!

The thing is $500 more and slower.

No indignation about dropping that price, though. Even the FX62 which REALLY slaps EE around has dropped in price. Intel is ripping people (Excuse me, I mean idiot "cling-ons" ) off by not dropping that price.
August 19, 2006 4:34:15 PM

Quote:

The point was that the 5000+ is FASTER THAN 965 in nearly EVERY benchmark, but you don't compare Core 2 to that so STFU!!!!!

No indignation about dropping that price, though. Even the FX62 which REALLY slaps EE around has dropped in price. Intel is ripping people (Excuse me, I mean idiot "cling-ons" ) off by not dropping that price.

Anyone willing to drop a grand on a 965 will get EXACTLY what they deserve! And anyone willing to drop $600 on a 5000+ will be walking down the same road. The 6700 is the price point comp for the 5000+ and we know there is no comparison.
August 19, 2006 5:11:46 PM

I don't think newegg is ripping anybody off. I think newegg is providing a great service to all us computer gearheads out there.

They wouldn't stay in business long if they were "rippping people off".

They have to make money and a profit to stay in business, keep the lights on, pay their employees, buy more stock of all the goodies we love and pay their shareholders.

It's not easy to make money and stay in business, it's very hard, daily work.

I got good prices from them, good service and fast shipping from them. They've got almost everything.

Supply and demand will bring all the prices down. Look how cheap LCD monitors have gotten. 19" LCD monitors for under $200 ! Wow! Amazing.

I'm glad newegg is around. Great logical, easy to surf site too.

I also bought a copy of MS XP Pro, the full retail version from Royal Discounters software for $215. It arrived in 2 days. I think it was about the best price I could find from a reputable, trust worthy company.

I bought my obscure video card from Mwave for a good price. It arrived in 2 days. Free shipping on it.
August 19, 2006 5:28:55 PM

Quote:

Anyone willing to drop a grand on a 965 will get EXACTLY what they deserve! And anyone willing to drop $600 on a 5000+ will be walking down the same road. The 6700 is the price point comp for the 5000+ and we know there is no comparison.

ocmapring both at the same price at Newegg shows that you save an immediate $100+ on the SLI mobo with 5000+ and you are assured of an upgrade path to the non-native quad which may come aound in the AM3 socket along with any K8L or BullDozer derivatives for desktop.

There is no guarantee that Kentsfield will work in the mobo you buy now and once you can get sufficient average frame rates WITH SLI, it doesn't matter. The water cooling craze brought about will only benefit AMD as people like freecableguy had world records with FX long before Core 2.

Imagine if Dell did release a special edition 5000+ with the PresHott water cooling system at 3.7GHz. Then when 4x4 comes around there will be a 3.0GHz AM2 at 65nm.

The undervolt test of the 4200+ shows that @ 65nm AMD can run around 1V up to 2.8GHz.

Wow did that go off topic sort of.
August 19, 2006 5:37:49 PM

Quote:

You didn't have any other option than to go off topic. AMD has no available solution to compteing with the more powerful Core 2 Duo CPUs right now.
August 19, 2006 5:39:59 PM

it's always been my experience that all high end cpu's are fairly expensive.unless they are discontinuing the line of cpu,and are bringing out a new product,then the price drops significantly.so i would say that the 5000+ is around that price range.

Dahak
EVGA NF4 SLI READY MB
2X1GIG DDR400 IN DC MODE(128BIT)
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
WD300GIG HD @ 7200RPM
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR
August 19, 2006 5:40:36 PM

Quote:
HOLY SHYTT! thats not a bad Price as you may think. It's only a L2 cache tuned down version of a FX-62. SO its a pretty decent price

It's actually a socket AM2 FX60 with 2x512kb L2 cache.
August 19, 2006 5:45:04 PM

Quote:

not entirely true, they've also disabled the HT links, very fuzzy memory but i'm pretty sure that is why 4x4 at first was looking to be only the FX series because of this certain difference
August 19, 2006 5:49:15 PM

Yes that is what I though when I saw it. it should be around $350 but no more then $400. I know its price that high because of "supply and demand" but this is f***** up almost twice the AMD list price.
August 19, 2006 5:49:41 PM

why would they disable the hyper transport links?that really makes no sense unless they were returning to the old fashion front side bus and a northbridge chipset.i've heard absolutely no news regarding that.if anyone knows about or has a link to that info,i'd like to see it,and so would others i think.

Dahak

EVGA NF4 SLI READY MB
2X1GIG DDR400 IN DC MODE(128BIT)
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
WD300GIG HD @ 7200RPM
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR
August 19, 2006 5:54:17 PM

Quote:
Actually the FX62 is 200MHz faster.
August 19, 2006 9:15:16 PM

Quote:

lol
August 19, 2006 9:48:56 PM

Quote:

You didn't have any other option than to go off topic. AMD has no available solution to compteing with the more powerful Core 2 Duo CPUs right now.

The team that loses the Super Bowl by one point was competition for the team that won by one point.
August 19, 2006 9:51:33 PM

Quote:

not entirely true, they've also disabled the HT links, very fuzzy memory but i'm pretty sure that is why 4x4 at first was looking to be only the FX series because of this certain difference

Contrary to popular public opinion FX chips only have one HT link. That's why 4x4 can't be "physically" limited to FX. Check out amd.com
August 20, 2006 2:48:21 AM

Quote:

The team that loses the Super Bowl by one point was competition for the team that won by one point.

Core 2 Duo is winning by a lot more than one FB equivalent point - just like your argument is losing by a ton'o'bricks at the moment.
August 20, 2006 3:08:09 AM

Quote:

Why? Because its cheaper, faster and cooler?
August 20, 2006 3:09:10 AM

Quote:

Core 2 Duo is winning by a lot more than one FB equivalent point - just like your argument is losing by a ton'o'bricks at the moment.

Nothing unusual there.
August 20, 2006 3:10:26 AM

I've found it here for $325.

Link won't work
August 20, 2006 3:12:15 AM

Good find :trophy:
Newegg's got old 5000+ stock to burn, apparently
August 20, 2006 3:12:58 AM

How many hours did that take to find sock puppet?
August 20, 2006 3:16:43 AM

Quote:
Good find :trophy:
Newegg's got old 5000+ stock to burn, apparently

I alwasy buy at outpost. I really like them. :wink:

This is the link in plain text:
shop4.outpost.com/search;jsessionid=swLeb5GL9hU4hYPv2iM0mQ**.node3?cat=-51580&pType=pDisplay
August 20, 2006 5:30:33 AM

Why is it someone is being ripped off when they buy something that it appears is overpriced?

If you don't want to pay the price don't buy it, if you do buy it at an inflated price, unless someone holds a gun to your head you are the one who bought at an inflated price.

supply and demand
November 2, 2006 8:51:56 PM

You may pay a few dollars more but there service and work is amazing.

If the price is that far off, try calling them.

If you need to return something, or made a mistake in a purchase, you would be happy to have bought it from newegg. Take it from me, newegg has saved my ass so much. I even buy my videogames from them for now on.

They have all of my electronic sales. They are the most ethical company I have ever worked with. No contest. I cant even come up with a close second.

Goodbye all you Compusa, CircuitCity, Staples, ZipZoomFly, Bestbuy, and all the other companies out there... NewEggs the bomb.
November 2, 2006 9:20:26 PM

Gravedigger....
November 3, 2006 1:32:23 AM

Call me what you want... but at least I search for things instead of starting new threads about the same topics.

You should try the Search Feature. It really helps when you need answers and the question has already been answered. The Search button is on the top of the page, Next to PM and FAQ.

Mike
November 3, 2006 1:47:15 AM

Look at the date posted......
November 3, 2006 1:53:40 AM

Quote:

It took about 1 sec to find this.

Sock licker.
November 3, 2006 1:55:40 AM

Quote:
The retail windsor is $399 and the Brisbane is $466

Actually Brisbane is not yet out. That's the code name for 65nm X2.

Quote:
AMD Dual-Core 65nm Chips Reach AMD’s Roadmap – Slides.
AMD Puts Brisbane, Sparta Into 2007 nRoadmap

Category: CPU

by Anton Shilov

[ 02/07/2006 | 10:01 PM ]

According to slides which resemble those from the roadmaps of Advanced Micro Devices, the first desktop chip from the world’s second largest chipmaker made using 65nm process technology will be released in the first half of 2007 to substitute the mainstream dual-core 90nm products. Another 65nm microprocessor is slated to be released in the second half of next year and target entry-level computers.

The slides, which presumably reflect a recent roadmap of AMD, published by HKEPC web-site contain some information about code-named Brisbane and Sparta processors. The Brisbane chip will be made using 65nm process technology, will sport two processing engines and will come out in the first half of 2007. Meanwhile, the product code-named Sparta, also made using 65nm process technology, will be launched in the second half of next year.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20060207225940...

Newegg is spreading FUD :oops:  :o  :(  :)  :x :twisted: :roll: :?:
November 3, 2006 1:57:27 AM

Good freaking lord people, read the post dates before greenjelly replied to the thread.

greenjelly, I ain't knocking you bro.
November 3, 2006 1:58:35 AM

Quote:
Look at the date posted......

BWAAAAHAHAHAAAAAA

Turpit=horsesass
November 3, 2006 1:59:30 AM

Quote:
Good freaking lord people, read the post dates before greenjelly replied to the thread.

greenjelly, I ain't knocking you bro.

Dramma more dramma.
:oops: 
November 3, 2006 2:03:58 AM

Quote:

It took about 1 sec to find this.

Sock licker.

Which has nothing to do with anything moron. Go back to cleaning toilets.
November 3, 2006 2:05:22 AM

DaSickNinja Has Just used this:

Let this damn thread die....
November 3, 2006 2:09:35 AM

Quote:
DaSickNinja Has Just used this:

Let this damn thread die....

Actually, it should be stickied. A rare example of the bannished 9 inch not only making 2 posts in one thread, but in one which he didnt start. This may be a one of a kind collectable.
November 3, 2006 2:16:42 AM

When you put it that way.... :?
November 3, 2006 10:36:43 AM

Quote:

Dramma more dramma.
:oops: 

Hey supergeniusguy. Just wan't to point out that dramma should be spelled drama with just one "m". I normally would not make a fuss over something like this, but I have seen you nitpick other peoples posts for these types of errors many times in the past. Just thought I would hold you to the same high standard for spelling and grammar, save logic (no hope there) that you hold everyone else to.
November 3, 2006 12:48:26 PM

oops... hehe good catch... When faced with a resulting double standard you should learn to be more tolerant of others.
!