Newegg.com Ripping everybody with am2 5000+

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
HOLY SHYTT! thats not a bad Price as you may think. It's only a L2 cache tuned down version of a FX-62. SO its a pretty decent price

MG37221

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757

Should this CPU be like 350 or less?

That's not bad when you look at this.

Linkage!

That price will come down nicely when more vendors get them in stock and have them available for purchase. Supply and demand. Competition will change these prices but only when there is sufficient supply for companies to actually be able to compete with one another for your dollar.

Newegg is a very large etailer. They probably order enough to get these procs before many others. That will change. If you're in the market for an X2 5000, just be patient.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
$48 above the retail price? Wow.

The point was that the 5000+ is FASTER THAN 965 in nearly EVERY benchmark, but you don't compare Core 2 to that so STFU!!!!!

The thing is $500 more and slower.

No indignation about dropping that price, though. Even the FX62 which REALLY slaps EE around has dropped in price. Intel is ripping people (Excuse me, I mean idiot "cling-ons" ) off by not dropping that price.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

The point was that the 5000+ is FASTER THAN 965 in nearly EVERY benchmark, but you don't compare Core 2 to that so STFU!!!!!

No indignation about dropping that price, though. Even the FX62 which REALLY slaps EE around has dropped in price. Intel is ripping people (Excuse me, I mean idiot "cling-ons" ) off by not dropping that price.

Anyone willing to drop a grand on a 965 will get EXACTLY what they deserve! And anyone willing to drop $600 on a 5000+ will be walking down the same road. The 6700 is the price point comp for the 5000+ and we know there is no comparison.

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I don't think newegg is ripping anybody off. I think newegg is providing a great service to all us computer gearheads out there.

They wouldn't stay in business long if they were "rippping people off".

They have to make money and a profit to stay in business, keep the lights on, pay their employees, buy more stock of all the goodies we love and pay their shareholders.

It's not easy to make money and stay in business, it's very hard, daily work.

I got good prices from them, good service and fast shipping from them. They've got almost everything.

Supply and demand will bring all the prices down. Look how cheap LCD monitors have gotten. 19" LCD monitors for under $200 ! Wow! Amazing.

I'm glad newegg is around. Great logical, easy to surf site too.

I also bought a copy of MS XP Pro, the full retail version from Royal Discounters software for $215. It arrived in 2 days. I think it was about the best price I could find from a reputable, trust worthy company.

I bought my obscure video card from Mwave for a good price. It arrived in 2 days. Free shipping on it.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Anyone willing to drop a grand on a 965 will get EXACTLY what they deserve! And anyone willing to drop $600 on a 5000+ will be walking down the same road. The 6700 is the price point comp for the 5000+ and we know there is no comparison.

ocmapring both at the same price at Newegg shows that you save an immediate $100+ on the SLI mobo with 5000+ and you are assured of an upgrade path to the non-native quad which may come aound in the AM3 socket along with any K8L or BullDozer derivatives for desktop.

There is no guarantee that Kentsfield will work in the mobo you buy now and once you can get sufficient average frame rates WITH SLI, it doesn't matter. The water cooling craze brought about will only benefit AMD as people like freecableguy had world records with FX long before Core 2.

Imagine if Dell did release a special edition 5000+ with the PresHott water cooling system at 3.7GHz. Then when 4x4 comes around there will be a 3.0GHz AM2 at 65nm.

The undervolt test of the 4200+ shows that @ 65nm AMD can run around 1V up to 2.8GHz.

Wow did that go off topic sort of.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
it's always been my experience that all high end cpu's are fairly expensive.unless they are discontinuing the line of cpu,and are bringing out a new product,then the price drops significantly.so i would say that the 5000+ is around that price range.

Dahak
EVGA NF4 SLI READY MB
2X1GIG DDR400 IN DC MODE(128BIT)
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
WD300GIG HD @ 7200RPM
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
HOLY SHYTT! thats not a bad Price as you may think. It's only a L2 cache tuned down version of a FX-62. SO its a pretty decent price

It's actually a socket AM2 FX60 with 2x512kb L2 cache.

not entirely true, they've also disabled the HT links, very fuzzy memory but i'm pretty sure that is why 4x4 at first was looking to be only the FX series because of this certain difference

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Yes that is what I though when I saw it. it should be around $350 but no more then $400. I know its price that high because of "supply and demand" but this is f***** up almost twice the AMD list price.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
why would they disable the hyper transport links?that really makes no sense unless they were returning to the old fashion front side bus and a northbridge chipset.i've heard absolutely no news regarding that.if anyone knows about or has a link to that info,i'd like to see it,and so would others i think.

Dahak

EVGA NF4 SLI READY MB
2X1GIG DDR400 IN DC MODE(128BIT)
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
WD300GIG HD @ 7200RPM
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

You didn't have any other option than to go off topic. AMD has no available solution to compteing with the more powerful Core 2 Duo CPUs right now.

The team that loses the Super Bowl by one point was competition for the team that won by one point.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

It's actually a socket AM2 FX60 with 2x512kb L2 cache.

not entirely true, they've also disabled the HT links, very fuzzy memory but i'm pretty sure that is why 4x4 at first was looking to be only the FX series because of this certain difference

Contrary to popular public opinion FX chips only have one HT link. That's why 4x4 can't be "physically" limited to FX. Check out amd.com

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

You didn't have any other option than to go off topic. AMD has no available solution to compteing with the more powerful Core 2 Duo CPUs right now.

The team that loses the Super Bowl by one point was competition for the team that won by one point.

Core 2 Duo is winning by a lot more than one FB equivalent point - just like your argument is losing by a ton'o'bricks at the moment.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004

Core 2 Duo is winning by a lot more than one FB equivalent point - just like your argument is losing by a ton'o'bricks at the moment.

Nothing unusual there.