What's the first custom item you create?

I'm curious what people normally finding themselves enchanting first.

My big priority everytime is a ring of restoration (restore strength
10, every otther ability 5) after too many times being stuck after
facing a greater bonewalker. A common soul gem is enough to power it,
and you only have to "know" one restore attribute spell to enchant for
every ability.

Once I get a grand with a golden saint (much later) first priority is
running pants (pants with CE retore fatigue 3-5). Just makes it nicer
to run everywhere and not keep swishing at the racers because I'm tired.

The first item varies, but it is usually one of the following:

1. Enchant favorite weapon type to cast bound favrorite weapon on
strike, usually for 19s to keep cost low (casting cost, enchantmenet
cost, dollar cost), but sometimes for up to 60s.

2. ring to cast Light on self (usually a very low level to keep
casting cost low)

3. ring to Restore strength (sized to fit in common ring for 1 casting
cost)

4. Ring of Gills (waterbreating) for 12 s (also sized to fit in
common ring for 1 casting cost)

The first constant effect enchantment used to go for +2 restore health,
+1 restore fatique. But I find that autorestoring health makes the
game too easy too quickly. So now it is usually a bit of night eye
plus something else like restore fatigue. I ffind I am happier with
night eye if I have a little bit on a number of items--so I can undress
to whatever level makes the local lightning dramatic and still enables
me to see enough to do whatever I am trying to do.This game, the other
part of that first enchantment was detect key. Which I have found
surprszingly useful on half a dozen to a dozen occasions so far. The
spell seems to detect "items of interest" as well as "keys". Yes, I do
love my Equisite Pants of Night Keys. You cannot have them. They are
mine.

when I get to a night Eye CE enchantment, I typically do a variable
enchantment (1-50) so each time I equip it is a different value. A
little more time consuming to get it right, but bundles it in one nice
neat item.

"mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm curious what people normally finding themselves enchanting
> first.

Nothing whatever! There are many ways of playing Morrowind, and I
just ignore enchanting.

PB

"Torkel Franzen" <torkel@sm.luth.se> schreef in bericht
> "mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> I'm curious what people normally finding themselves enchanting
>> first.
>
> Nothing whatever! There are many ways of playing Morrowind, and I
> just ignore enchanting.

YEP,YEP, same experience enchanting is the real fake...only used be quarks
from Balmora and stupido's from Caldera...

pieter

I like an exquisite belt with night eye, so I can remove it for natural
lighting. I usually enchant either exquisite shirt or pants with fortify
strength and the other with restore health. You usually come across so many
enchanted items in the game, anyway. A favorite is the Amulet of Shadows.
I'm trying a bound silver spear with a new character that I enchanted with
the soul gem that I stole while putting a fake soul gem in the Bosmer's desk
in the Balmora Mages Guild

"mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1109347315.718162.236840
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I'm curious what people normally finding themselves enchanting first.
>
> My big priority everytime is a ring of restoration (restore strength
> 10, every otther ability 5) after too many times being stuck after
> facing a greater bonewalker. A common soul gem is enough to power it,
> and you only have to "know" one restore attribute spell to enchant for
> every ability.
>
> Once I get a grand with a golden saint (much later) first priority is
> running pants (pants with CE retore fatigue 3-5). Just makes it nicer
> to run everywhere and not keep swishing at the racers because I'm tired.

Would have been either the Skywalker Boots or Nerevarine Ring at my site;
I'm not a stickler for 'balance,' I just want to see every pixel in the
game at least once.

--
John Henry
"The Canadian people seem very friendly. I was happy to see them waving

Even when in the mage's guild, I often enchant my own
soul trapper because I can put it on a silver or glass dagger,
both of which weigh less.

In article <1109347315.718162.236840@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
smart_aleck72@yahoo.com says...
> I'm curious what people normally finding themselves enchanting first.

A 2nd hand glass dagger with soultrap on strike for 10 seconds.

-P.

> A 2nd hand glass dagger with soultrap on strike for 10 seconds.

Well, that you can get just by doing a few early Mage's Guild quests in
Balmora. And it's a Daedric Dagger, too, which is nicer. Plus I think you
get 30 seconds out of it, and it has more charge than anything you can
enchant yourself.

mathilda wrote:

> I'm curious what people normally finding themselves enchanting first.
>
> My big priority everytime is a ring of restoration (restore strength
> 10, every otther ability 5) after too many times being stuck after
> facing a greater bonewalker. A common soul gem is enough to power it,
> and you only have to "know" one restore attribute spell to enchant for
> every ability.
>
> Once I get a grand with a golden saint (much later) first priority is
> running pants (pants with CE retore fatigue 3-5). Just makes it nicer
> to run everywhere and not keep swishing at the racers because I'm tired.

The first decent sword I get my hands on gets enchanted with absorb
health, for a nice leechblade. Later (much later) on, a something of CE
waterbreathing and CE restore health are virtually essential for parts
of Suran Underworld.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:07:51 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
wrote:

>> A 2nd hand glass dagger with soultrap on strike for 10 seconds.
>
>Well, that you can get just by doing a few early Mage's Guild quests in
>Balmora. And it's a Daedric Dagger, too, which is nicer. Plus I think you
>get 30 seconds out of it, and it has more charge than anything you can
>enchant yourself.

I'm currently playing through yet again and couldn't remember where I
got that dagger but have failed to get it this game (which I've done
primarily for the mods) or the previous one.

Which quest gets you the soultrap dagger again?