bastion host security template

According to the 2003 Server Security Guide, a bastion host.inf security
template should be applied to an internet facing dns server. I applied it,
and dns quit working. I can get it working by restarting the service after
every reboot. Help! What do I need to do to get it working properly?

thanks

"Andrew" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Our org uses win2k.
>
> We have one forest, within that we have 3 sites defined. In dns, under
the
> forward lookup zone, one of the sites keeps being populated with service
> records from a domain controller not on that site. Thus logon scripts etc
> are being run from the wrong DC. I've been through sites and services and
> all looks to be OK.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

What do you mean specifically by "DNS quit
working"?

Internal? External? Clients? What exactly
stopped working?