booty island shovel/grave question (spoiler)

Last response: in Video Games
February 25, 2005 4:50:06 PM

alright, I found the grave, I have the shovel I
used to dig up the sextant, but I still cannot
dig up the grave. I have tried many versions
of shovel in inventory/holding nothing, attacking
with shovel, holding shovel, sneaking while holding shovel....
but I keep getting the message that I need a shovel
to dig in the grave. I HAVE the shovel. I have tried
talking to the mapmaker, re-re-re-reading the readme
and hints, and everything else I can think of. I am
about ready to give up on this mod (despite liking
Havish a great deal). I think I recall that just
clicking on the dirt dug up the sextant (don't recall
if the shovel was just in my inventory or if I was
holding it). But the grave script seems to think I
do not have a shovel. Anyone know what to do?????
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 6:14:35 AM

Have done that MANY times....it doesn't work. I did
put the shovel down for a while (it is heavy)....so maybe
the mod lost track of it's 'shovelness'. If that is what
is supposed to work, I guess I'll stop trying. Thanks.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 10:26:44 AM

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
> alright, I found the grave, I have the shovel I
> used to dig up the sextant, but I still cannot
> dig up the grave. I have tried many versions
> of shovel in inventory/holding nothing, attacking
> with shovel, holding shovel, sneaking while holding shovel....
> but I keep getting the message that I need a shovel
> to dig in the grave. I HAVE the shovel. I have tried
> talking to the mapmaker, re-re-re-reading the readme
> and hints, and everything else I can think of. I am
> about ready to give up on this mod (despite liking
> Havish a great deal). I think I recall that just
> clicking on the dirt dug up the sextant (don't recall
> if the shovel was just in my inventory or if I was
> holding it). But the grave script seems to think I
> do not have a shovel. Anyone know what to do?????

Equip the shovel as a weapon and then space bar on the grave (iirc)

Angel Eyes
!