Another AD / DNS question

Currently I have a public DNS server for websites I'm hosting. If I
wanted to add a 2nd machine, that would perform AD/DNS on the internal
side of my network, how is it set up to so that the DNS entries that are
on the external/public DNS server are sent to the AD/DNS server? Or do
they need to be? What about making a change on 1 DNS server, will the
2nd one automatically add the appropriate entries?

Thanks so much!
Steve

Steve,

The update would only propagate if they had the same DNS domain -- which is
a mistake if the internal one is running AD.

Make the external one your microsoft.com and make the internal one something
like microsoft.local or even AD.microsoft.com (requires more planning).
Point your clients at the internal one and do DNS forwarding from the
internal to the external.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA