cusis

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I'm prob being really noob so please clear this up for me, im from the uk, and as far as im aware technology in U.S is cheaper than in uk, so if i was to buy off us website would i save money? or would they charge me the same but in english pounds i.e: $200 - £200?

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Most US online companies won,t ship outside the US. Some companies will ship to an APO box but this is only for the US military and even then they charge like 20 bucks extra on shipping.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I'm prob being really noob so please clear this up for me, im from the uk, and as far as im aware technology in U.S is cheaper than in uk, so if i was to buy off us website would i save money? or would they charge me the same but in english pounds i.e: $200 - £200?
You could run into trouble with the customs. Then you´ve to consider what happens if you get defective goods. There can be a lot of hassle involved.

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
You could run into trouble with the customs. Then you´ve to consider what happens if you get defective goods. There can be a lot of hassle involved.

Yes that too you would most likely have to pay extra tax. that is if they ship it to the UK.

CallumN

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Some companys such as Tiger Direct will still post, but they are not the cheapest of Americian companys. But then they are the cheapest that i found that will post, and anything over £70-80 and the postage is justified. Just remember returning things can be a pain in the arse.

Frank_M

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
TigerDirect and eWiz both ship internationally, but keep in mind:
- You have shipping charges
- You have customs fees
- Then you also have to pay VAT.

In the end, you're where you began.