Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Javascript

Tags:
  • Javascript
  • Java
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
October 21, 2004 4:25:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
how to be able to use these links.

More about : javascript

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:49:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I'm not quite sure what Java Web Start is, but Sun Java Console is normal.
That's a Java thing you download (from Microsystems I believe is the name).
It's totally safe. Microsoft use to give a Java console with their operating
systems (Microsoft Java Machine or something ... but that's not important).
Anyway, I just reformatted about a week ago and my Hotmail Javascript links
didn't work already. I just did a System Restore to about the time I
remembered it not working. Do you have System Restore? Before that, you may
want to check the following...

Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level... > [Scroll to Java
VM] > Make sure "Disable Java" isn't chosen

Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level... > [Scroll to
Scripting] > Make sure those options are enabled

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > [Scroll to Microsoft VM] > Make
sure Java console enabled is checked ... (you'll have to restart the browser)

------
Then again, I'm not very familiar with Java or anything but those are worth
a shot. Also, you could always try a System Restore ... it fixed a few
things on my computer.

RYAN!

"BB" wrote:

> For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
> how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
> don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
> Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
> how to be able to use these links.
>
October 21, 2004 5:19:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I do have system restore but I've had several other problems over the last
few weeks & would be afraid I'd take it back to where some problems were. I
checked the other things you talked about &they were all right. But, I
couldn't find Microsoft VM. Am I missing something?


"sirryan" wrote:

> I'm not quite sure what Java Web Start is, but Sun Java Console is normal.
> That's a Java thing you download (from Microsystems I believe is the name).
> It's totally safe. Microsoft use to give a Java console with their operating
> systems (Microsoft Java Machine or something ... but that's not important).
> Anyway, I just reformatted about a week ago and my Hotmail Javascript links
> didn't work already. I just did a System Restore to about the time I
> remembered it not working. Do you have System Restore? Before that, you may
> want to check the following...
>
> Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level... > [Scroll to Java
> VM] > Make sure "Disable Java" isn't chosen
>
> Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level... > [Scroll to
> Scripting] > Make sure those options are enabled
>
> Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > [Scroll to Microsoft VM] > Make
> sure Java console enabled is checked ... (you'll have to restart the browser)
>
> ------
> Then again, I'm not very familiar with Java or anything but those are worth
> a shot. Also, you could always try a System Restore ... it fixed a few
> things on my computer.
>
> RYAN!
>
> "BB" wrote:
>
> > For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
> > how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
> > don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
> > Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
> > how to be able to use these links.
> >
Related resources
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 5:59:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi! BB

Java Webstart is an application to write java code or program.It only works
when
connected to the Internet.
In your problem,you can't open links using Javascript. I don't catch it.What
do you mean? Do you mean you can't access the links on web pages?

"BB" wrote:

> For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
> how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
> don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
> Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
> how to be able to use these links.
>
October 21, 2004 6:31:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I will be on a web page & in it there will be a link to another page. When I
click on the link, it doesn't do anything. Along the bottom of the screen
where it tells you what's going on, javascript......comes up every time but
it will never open the link

"Aung Khant ( student from Myanmar)" wrote:

> Hi! BB
>
> Java Webstart is an application to write java code or program.It only works
> when
> connected to the Internet.
> In your problem,you can't open links using Javascript. I don't catch it.What
> do you mean? Do you mean you can't access the links on web pages?
>
> "BB" wrote:
>
> > For some reason lately I cannot open links using Javascript. I don't know
> > how to fix this. I have something called Java Web Start on my computer but I
> > don't know what it is or how it got there. Under Tools in IE, there is Sun
> > Java Console...don't know what to do with this. Can someone please tell me
> > how to be able to use these links.
> >
!