How to disable EDNS on Win2k3

Hey I am having problems disabling EDNS on windows 2003 standard I have
entered the following command
dnscmd /Config /EnableEDnsProbes 0-----when I type in the following command
I get the following error message
"Command failed: ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER 87 (00000057)"

I have also tried putting in the server name and received the same error.
Is there any other way to disable EDNS we are having problem with out
firewall not accepting 512 packets and need a quick fix without making
changes to the firewall.

thanks for your help

if dnscmd yourdnsservername /config /enableednsprobes 0 does not do it for
you, it is likely that you are using an old version of dnscmd.

If you use the 2K3 version and you still can't get it to work, try doing it
manually by entering the value directly into the registry, like so

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DNS\Parameters
add EnableEDNSProbes and set the value to 0

HTH

--

Sincerely,
Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I