Driver for Epson Stylus Color 880

Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details of
the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
What causes this and how can I correct this?
I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
Blair
4 answers Last reply
More about driver epson stylus color

    Sometimes the print will process faster than the software for the print
    monitor to open. The important question is if you can access the ink usage
    monitor when you go to Start, Printers and Faxes, then right click on the
    880, then Properties, and finally Printing Preferences. If you then see the
    amount of ink that's available your software is still working okay.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
    > Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
    > of
    > the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
    > What causes this and how can I correct this?
    > I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
    > Blair

    "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
    > Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
    > of
    > the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
    > What causes this and how can I correct this?
    > I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
    > Blair

    There's a nifty utility program available for Epson's that, among other
    things, provides an ink level monitor. I use it and have used it on an 880.

    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    Thanks for your reply. When I checked the outline of the ink boxes were
    there but do not show the amount.
    Blair

    "Sideshow Bob" <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com> wrote in message

    > "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
    > > Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
    > > of
    > > the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
    > > What causes this and how can I correct this?
    > > I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
    > > Blair
    >
    > There's a nifty utility program available for Epson's that, among other
    > things, provides an ink level monitor. I use it and have used it on an
    880.

    > http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    Thanks - I will use your suggestionas a fall back if I fail to solve the
    problem. The monitor should be shown correvtly.
    Blair

Printers Stylus Epson Peripherals