Driver for Epson Stylus Color 880

Blair

Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details of
the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
What causes this and how can I correct this?
I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
Blair

Sometimes the print will process faster than the software for the print
monitor to open. The important question is if you can access the ink usage
monitor when you go to Start, Printers and Faxes, then right click on the
880, then Properties, and finally Printing Preferences. If you then see the
amount of ink that's available your software is still working okay.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
> Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
> of
> the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
> What causes this and how can I correct this?
> I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
> Blair

"Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
> Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
> of
> the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
> What causes this and how can I correct this?
> I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
> Blair

There's a nifty utility program available for Epson's that, among other
things, provides an ink level monitor. I use it and have used it on an 880.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Blair

Thanks for your reply. When I checked the outline of the ink boxes were
there but do not show the amount.
Blair

"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Sometimes the print will process faster than the software for the print
> monitor to open. The important question is if you can access the ink usage
> monitor when you go to Start, Printers and Faxes, then right click on the
> 880, then Properties, and finally Printing Preferences. If you then see
the
> amount of ink that's available your software is still working okay.
>
> --
> Jan Alter
> bearpuf@verizon.net
> or
> jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
> "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
> > Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
> > of
> > the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
> > What causes this and how can I correct this?
> > I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
> > Blair

Blair

"Sideshow Bob" <mergatroid@_nospam_.bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
> > Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
> > of
> > the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
> > What causes this and how can I correct this?
> > I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
> > Blair
>
> There's a nifty utility program available for Epson's that, among other
> things, provides an ink level monitor. I use it and have used it on an
880.

> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Thanks - I will use your suggestionas a fall back if I fail to solve the
problem. The monitor should be shown correvtly.
Blair