Replication between 2 DNS server in my domain

Hi

Just wondering if there is any place in my DNS where I can set replication
between my two DNS to "my given" time.

I have 2 DNS (win2003 server). Not sure if you understand me, but I hope
hehe ;)

Regards

-AA-
2 answers Last reply
More about replication server domain

    In news:d1e879$ine$1@troll.powertech.no,
    Arne And <kjellhoy@start.no> commented
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Hi
    >
    > Just wondering if there is any place in my DNS where I
    > can set replication between my two DNS to "my given"
    > time.
    >
    > I have 2 DNS (win2003 server). Not sure if you understand
    > me, but I hope hehe ;)

    Are the zones Active Directory integrated?
    If they are the replication is done on the AD replication cycle found in AD
    Sites & Services.

    If they are standard primary/secondary you can't set a schedule, zone
    transfers are done using the refresh, retry, and expire values.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    "Arne And" <kjellhoy@start.no> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Just wondering if there is any place in my DNS where I can set replication
    > between my two DNS to "my given" time.

    No, not exactly (as you have asked it).

    > I have 2 DNS (win2003 server). Not sure if you understand me, but I hope
    > hehe ;)

    Traditional DNS (Primary with Secondaries) depends
    on the Refresh Interval (on SOA record) for the frequency
    with which the Secondary will pull records (but this isn't
    a "time" because it generally starts with each reboot or
    restart of the DNS service.)

    AD-Integrated DNS servers replicate across WANS based
    on time -- but you already set that when you created your
    SiteLinks with their "time" and "frequency" settings and so
    you cannot control AD-DNS replication separately from
    the rest of AD. (Of course it is unlikely to matter or even
    be desired to do this.)

    What are you really trying to accomplish?

    (As opposed to how you might imagine doing that...)

Domain DNS Server Microsoft DNS Windows