Holy crap... x1900xt for $284

https://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321985

My god. It almost makes me want to ditch my SLI 7800GTX setup.

Niiiiice. :-)
27 answers Last reply
More about holy crap x1900xt
  1. boo mail in Rebate, but nice find
  2. Quote:
    https://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321985

    My god. It almost makes me want to ditch my SLI 7800GTX setup.

    Niiiiice. :-)


    Dude, $100 mail in rebate? You can dream about it. Or you can get a X1900xt at newegg.com for $319.99 with $30 rebate for the same price.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=1068109605&Subcategory=&description=x1900xt&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=
  3. Yeah I was looking at this last night and am deciding whether or not to get one. I'm currently upgrading my 4-5 year old computer system:

    Old System:

    P4 2.53 GHz
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200
    Asus P4T533-C
    512 MB RDRAM PC1066 MHz
    120 GB Western Digital Caviar HD

    New System:
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    2 GB DDR2-800 RAM
    320 GB Seagate (w/ Perendicular Recording tech) HD
    Radeon X1800XT OR Radeon X1900XT

    I guess what my question is, is the extra 90 bucks worth it to go from X1800XT to X1900XT, I'll probably be using this system for 3 or so years.
  4. Quote:
    I guess what my question is, is the extra 90 bucks worth it to go from X1800XT to X1900XT, I'll probably be using this system for 3 or so years.

    X1900XT would be better.
  5. Very cool. ATI definitely has nVidia beat in the price/performance arena.
  6. Is there much of a difference between SAPPHIRE and MSI in terms of quality? On Newegg there is a 284.99 (after $100 mail-in rebate) MSI or a 289.99 (after $30 mail-in rebate) SAPPHIRE version of the X1900XT. I think I'm willing to just eat the $5 and get the SAPPHIRE to not have to wait on that large of a rebate.
  7. Quality is basically same.
  8. If I wasn't completely happy with my current setup, I'd definitely buy that.
  9. Quote:
    Is there much of a difference between SAPPHIRE and MSI in terms of quality? On Newegg there is a 284.99 (after $100 mail-in rebate) MSI or a 289.99 (after $30 mail-in rebate) SAPPHIRE version of the X1900XT. I think I'm willing to just eat the $5 and get the SAPPHIRE to not have to wait on that large of a rebate.


    yeah i would get the sapphire because if they don't do your rebate your not out as much... i hate rebates alot and quallity is probably the same but i think sapphire does the ati branded boxes too?
  10. Kind of an unrelated question, but will my Antec true 430 watt power supply run that new setup that I posted above? I'm thinking that I'll probably have to upgrade that too...
  11. Quote:
    https://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321985

    My god. It almost makes me want to ditch my SLI 7800GTX setup.

    Niiiiice. :-)

    I just picked this card up from fry’s for 349.00 (had a 100.00 gift card to ease the pain)
    Quite a difference from my 7600gt in performance. But game play in fear is only slightly better until I can tweak the performance a little.
    The first thing I noticed was the heat from this gpu.
    All I can say is HOT!!!!!
    Time to add a water block and oc to xtx speeds.
    Just for a comparison here’s my 3Dmark2005 score.
    http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectdetails.jsp?projectType=12

    http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4928/08192006213801jz2.th.png

    I’m curious about your score in sli.
    the 7800gtx sli must be killer
    Still too new to me to make any other comparisons.
    So Far I highly recommend this xt1900xt for that price or any price close to it.
    I wonder how this card would run in crossfire 8O
  12. Historically, ATI's cards have always run pretty hot in comparison to nVidia's. The exception probably being the 7800 GTX 512.
  13. Quote:
    Kind of an unrelated question, but will my Antec true 430 watt power supply run that new setup that I posted above? I'm thinking that I'll probably have to upgrade that too...


    Yes it will, I am running a hungrier P4 3.2 with a x1900xtx, and a lot of drives on this same wattage psu.
  14. lol i m geting the same (alomost system) as u are , same mobo, ram, cpu, im just geting a sapphire radeon x850xt and then waiting with it till the dx 10 cards arrive then ill get a good gpu :D , and for now i hope the x850xt will be strong enough to last me that 6 or 12 more months, will i be able to play bf2, fear on max resolutions? @1280x1024?
  15. Quote:
    lol i m geting the same (alomost system) as u are , same mobo, ram, cpu, im just geting a sapphire radeon x850xt and then waiting with it till the dx 10 cards arrive then ill get a good gpu :D , and for now i hope the x850xt will be strong enough to last me that 6 or 12 more months, will i be able to play bf2, fear on max resolutions? @1280x1024?


    You shouldnt have any problems at all playing those at 1280x1024 with that setup.
  16. thx for the reply, lol so if that card is goos i might even postpone geting the dx10 card for even a year or a bit more lol
  17. Tom's just did a comparison on the X850xt, x1800GTO, & 7600GT. You should check it out if your going to get the x850xt. All seem to be fairly close in price, so you might want to weigh out your options before you buy.
    Just thought you should know:)
  18. thx, i actualy read teh article the day it came out, and i had teh x850xt delivered to me on wednesday, so its to late for anything anyway lol, I just hope the card will be relatively good, i was hoping to play bf2 with high settings in 1280x1024
  19. I saw a connect3D on $235 on newegg...
    but it was sold out >_<
  20. there was a sapphire radeon x850xt on newegg for $119, and also for $129, ...lol and stupid me i got the $129 one lol which was not worth geting, because now i realised that the 10 more was for 2 games and some more software that was bundled with it, and some other "demo" software.
  21. Quote:
    Is there much of a difference between SAPPHIRE and MSI in terms of quality? On Newegg there is a 284.99 (after $100 mail-in rebate) MSI or a 289.99 (after $30 mail-in rebate) SAPPHIRE version of the X1900XT. I think I'm willing to just eat the $5 and get the SAPPHIRE to not have to wait on that large of a rebate.


    I've read from many posters here that Sapphire's customer service is top notch...maybe even mentioned something about a life-time warranty? Even after oc'ing? If so, that is definitely worth the few bucks.
  22. X1900 CF for $247 they are currently back ordered but a great deal none the less.
  23. I just bought an x1900xt for 346.99 on newegg. I thought it was a good price, but they have an x1900xtx for 340.99, yup, 6 bucks less. Oh well, my order has already been processed. :roll:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102689

    341 isn't too bad since its NOT a rebate, but what you pay up front.

    Does anyone know of a better deal on the x1900xtx where the card is actually in stock?
  24. Quote:
    I just bought an x1900xt for 346.99 on newegg. I thought it was a good price, but they have an x1900xtx for 340.99, yup, 6 bucks less. Oh well, my order has already been processed. :roll:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102689

    341 isn't too bad since its NOT a rebate, but what you pay up front.

    Does anyone know of a better deal on the x1900xtx where the card is actually in stock?


    Its not to late man, get on their instant chat and let customer service know that you want the XTX instead because its cheaper.
  25. Got the X1900XT Gigabyte 512 version for 348 at newegg with instant rebate. card orignally was 429 bucks. Forgoed SLI and Nvidia board becasue performancewise this outdoes a SLI set up 7900GT. Figured I'd wait for DX10 and scoop up some cheap 9c GPU's (like some 7900GTX's for sli).
  26. I got X1900XT 512mb for £187, thats around $250?

    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1900_Series.html

    gone up £10 since then
  27. 1900xt on newegg for $297 with no rebate now. This sucks... I was going to get a 1900xtx from them for $310 after rebate, but now they don't even have the product page up anymore. Now the best priced xtx is $332 by ATI. Now, I don't know which I want to buy. Would saving $35 buying the XT, using the money to buy another cooler, then overclocking to XTX speeds be a good idea?
  28. Is there a difference between X1900XTX , X1900XT, X1900 GT , Fan cooled or Silent cool Heatpipe ? Whats best here?
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon SLI Graphics