Top 10 best mods to play after palying the whole game (Mor..

kdogg

Please tell me your top ten mods (not counting the 1 mod that
combinesa the "official' mods)
I am hoping to play again, but with your recommnedations....
Best housing mods
Best weapons mods
Best armor mods
best gameplay mods...etc...

Thanks in advance for your recommendatins.

Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in

> "Seymour C. Moore" wrote:
>>
>> Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in news:4222F544.5AF674D6
>> @youbastids.com:

>> What is considered the best better graphics mod?
>> there is a bunch listed at
>> http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm, but it's hard to decide.
>>
>> I have a 2.4 Ghz, 1024 RAM, Radeon 9100 128 RAM.
>
> Quarl's "Visual Pack XT" is supposed to be the best but I don't know
> how good a system it needs other than "a lot better than mine"! Hope
> you've got broadband btw, these are normally _huge_ downloads.

Thanks for the tip.
I've already downloaded the "Khalazza production's Visual Pack version
2.11 and 2.2 (Nature)", with which it should work well.

> I don't know about the morrowind patch location but I usually keep the
> original .zip files for anything I download so if I've still got this
> one I could email it to you if you want to post a valid e-mail
> address.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate that. :)
My email address is per243@tiscali.no

"Seymour C. Moore" wrote:

> Thanks for the tip.
> I've already downloaded the "Khalazza production's Visual Pack version
> 2.11 and 2.2 (Nature)", with which it should work well.

Nice one, let us know what its like

> > I don't know about the morrowind patch location but I usually keep the
> > original .zip files for anything I download so if I've still got this
> > one I could email it to you if you want to post a valid e-mail
> > address.
>
> Thanks, I'd really appreciate that. :)
> My email address is per243@tiscali.no

No problem. All being well I'll email it when I get home tonight.

caleb

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

"KDogg" <friday69@pacbell.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Please tell me your top ten mods (not counting the 1 mod that
> combinesa the "official' mods)
> I am hoping to play again, but with your recommnedations....
> Best housing mods
> Best weapons mods
> Best armor mods
> best gameplay mods...etc...
>
> Thanks in advance for your recommendatins.

Get the PumaMan's Wilderness Mod and Necessities of Morrowind. Whole new
game, buddy.

Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in news:4225BD44.743DA902
@youbastids.com:

> "Seymour C. Moore" wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the tip.
>> I've already downloaded the "Khalazza production's Visual Pack version
>> 2.11 and 2.2 (Nature)", with which it should work well.
>
> Nice one, let us know what its like

Looks very good and it runs well on my machine. Haven't tried tweaking
with the FPS Optimizer yet.

>> > I don't know about the morrowind patch location but I usually keep
the
>> > original .zip files for anything I download so if I've still got
this
>> > one I could email it to you if you want to post a valid e-mail
>> > address.
>>
>> Thanks, I'd really appreciate that. :)
>> My email address is per243@tiscali.no
>
> No problem. All being well I'll email it when I get home tonight.

Got it! :) Thanks again for your help, Pete. I installed the unofficial
patch along with 75 other mods. No trouble so far...

I was very disappointed with the extremely linear Half-Life 2 with it's
ludicrously contrived puzzles you have to solve to move on. And I got
tired of being chased and ambushed *all* the time. Much more fun being
the hunter than the hunted,
So after uninstalling HL2 I just *had* to play a game where you are free
to do just about anything.
A game like Morrowind with the HL2 could have been great.

WM and NOM have many food types that overlap in name
and icon, but NOM only has the player eat NOM foods.
Often, there is a weight difference--with the inedible WM
foods being lighter to carry. Which is how I found out
about the issue (having a backpack full of food I could
not eat, and getting weaker all the time).

"Seymour C. Moore" wrote:

> Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in news:4225BD44.743DA902
> @youbastids.com:
>
> > "Seymour C. Moore" wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks for the tip.
> >> I've already downloaded the "Khalazza production's Visual Pack version
> >> 2.11 and 2.2 (Nature)", with which it should work well.
> >
> > Nice one, let us know what its like
>
> Looks very good and it runs well on my machine. Haven't tried tweaking
> with the FPS Optimizer yet.

Excellent - I really must get around to upgrading my PC!

> > No problem. All being well I'll email it when I get home tonight.
>
> Got it! :) Thanks again for your help, Pete. I installed the unofficial
> patch along with 75 other mods. No trouble so far...

Welcome :eek:)

> I was very disappointed with the extremely linear Half-Life 2 with it's
> ludicrously contrived puzzles you have to solve to move on. And I got
> tired of being chased and ambushed *all* the time. Much more fun being
> the hunter than the hunted,

I've never played HL2 - don't think I'll bother if its like that!

> So after uninstalling HL2 I just *had* to play a game where you are free
> to do just about anything.

Open-ended games have always been my favorites, ever since Elite.

> A game like Morrowind with the HL2 could have been great.

Here's waiting for Oblivion!

> "Seymour C. Moore" wrote:
>>
>> Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in news:4225BD44.743DA902
>> @youbastids.com:

>> > Nice one, let us know what its like
>>
>> Looks very good and it runs well on my machine. Haven't tried
>> tweaking with the FPS Optimizer yet.
>
> Excellent - I really must get around to upgrading my PC!

After playing a few days now I do notice that the game runs smoother when
my character is indoors than outdoors, but it's acceptable.

>> So after uninstalling HL2 I just *had* to play a game where you are
>> free to do just about anything.
>
> Open-ended games have always been my favorites, ever since Elite.

The Game of a Lifetime! I even became Elite when playing on the ZX
Spectrum 20 years ago. Too bad the sequel had "realistic" space fights,
which ruined the fun of the game.

>> A game like Morrowind with the HL2 could have been great.
>
> Here's waiting for Oblivion!

Screenshots sure look awsome!

Pete MC wrote:

> Open-ended games have always been my favorites, ever since Elite.

Another game oldtimer. :*)

I absolutely loved Elite back then on my Commodore 64. There is a very
recent remake of classic Elite called Oolite which captures the old
feeling quite well. Old gameplay with improved graphics and some
additional features like buying new ships and more equipment. Definately
worth a try, its closer to the real Elite than First Encounters ever was.

> Here's waiting for Oblivion!

When talking about open-ended games, Gothic 2 might be worth a look. It
has like Morrowind a huge world and tons of quests. Only the main quest
has to be done in a given order. The game world and NPCs are much more
alive and believable than Morrowind with daily schedules, completely
spoken dialog and more interesting quests. Graphics are comparable with
Morrowind. Released at the same time as Morrowind, this game runs on a
computer which chokes on Morrowind absolutely smooth and never crashed.
A real new experience after a year with Morrowind... Living proof
Bethedsa did something very wrong with Morrowind. Same hardware, same
DirectX, same drivers, comparable graphics quality: One game runs
smooth, the other chokes and crashes regulary. Your take.
That said, I wouldn't declare Gothic 2 a Morrowind replacement. While
it's an exciting game in itself, it's more old-style RPG: Kill critters,
get exp, levelup, get skillpoints, spend them. I prefer the Morrowind
style very much, though it can unbalance the game a lot as anyone can
tell who ever played a Fighter who casts like the Telvanni Archmagister
and sneaks like the Masterthief. However, with the huge amount of mods
Morrowind is almost infinitely replayable, which is a big advantage.
To sum it up, if you ever feel bored with Morrowind and are looking for
some RPG which is as close as possible, my vote would go for Gothic 2.
You will certainly have a good time, but then return to Morrowind again. :*)

Peter

> WM and NOM have many food types that overlap in name
> and icon, but NOM only has the player eat NOM foods.
> Often, there is a weight difference--with the inedible WM
> foods being lighter to carry. Which is how I found out
> about the issue (having a backpack full of food I could
> not eat, and getting weaker all the time).

I wonder how much of a project it would be to combine these two mods so that
NOM would be able to use the WM foods as well, sort of like that mod that
combines Better Bodies and Smoother Bodies into one so that you can use them
both...

"Seymour C. Moore" wrote:

> > Open-ended games have always been my favorites, ever since Elite.
>
> The Game of a Lifetime! I even became Elite when playing on the ZX
> Spectrum 20 years ago. Too bad the sequel had "realistic" space fights,
> which ruined the fun of the game.

I actually rather liked Frontier back on the Amiga, but it was a totally
different animal to Elite for sure.

Peter Strempel wrote:

> Pete MC wrote:
>
> > Open-ended games have always been my favorites, ever since Elite.
>
> Another game oldtimer. :*)

Oh yes. Remember "The Hobbit"? :eek:)

> I absolutely loved Elite back then on my Commodore 64. There is a very
> recent remake of classic Elite called Oolite which captures the old
> feeling quite well. Old gameplay with improved graphics and some
> additional features like buying new ships and more equipment. Definately
> worth a try, its closer to the real Elite than First Encounters ever was.

Really?? Now that sounds worth a look, cheers.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 01:22:36 -0500, Darrel Hoffman <i.dont@think.so> wrote:

>> WM and NOM have many food types that overlap in name
>> and icon, but NOM only has the player eat NOM foods.
>> Often, there is a weight difference--with the inedible WM
>> foods being lighter to carry. Which is how I found out
>> about the issue (having a backpack full of food I could
>> not eat, and getting weaker all the time).
>
> I wonder how much of a project it would be to combine these two mods so that
> NOM would be able to use the WM foods as well, sort of like that mod that
> combines Better Bodies and Smoother Bodies into one so that you can use them
> both...

That depends on what actually has to be done. If you only need
to make WM creatures drop existing NoM food (e.g. retrieve a
chicken leg or an egg from a chicken after you've killed it),
you're facing a minor task. Just merge WM with NoM's Compatibility
Pack (or parts of it) and apply your changes to WM's creatures.
Should be done within two hours.
If you need to add existing WM food to the NoM eating scripts,
it will take a bit longer, but basically, it is "copy & paste".
I just took a look at NoM's eating and cooking scripts. They are
easy to read; you shouldn't have any problems understanding them.
In this case you would have to merge WM food into NoM.

Björn

Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in news:422C1C5E.61EBCBA3
@youbastids.com:

> "Seymour C. Moore" wrote:
>
>> > Open-ended games have always been my favorites, ever since Elite.
>>
>> The Game of a Lifetime! I even became Elite when playing on the ZX
>> Spectrum 20 years ago. Too bad the sequel had "realistic" space fights,
>> which ruined the fun of the game.
>
> I actually rather liked Frontier back on the Amiga, but it was a totally
> different animal to Elite for sure.

Another thing that bugged was that, since the star map 3D as opposed to
Elite's 2D, it was impossible to plan routes, which was very inconvient
when the missions had time limits.

"Seymour C. Moore" wrote:

> Pete MC <nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote in news:422C1C5E.61EBCBA3
> @youbastids.com:

> >> The Game of a Lifetime! I even became Elite when playing on the ZX
> >> Spectrum 20 years ago. Too bad the sequel had "realistic" space fights,
> >> which ruined the fun of the game.
> >
> > I actually rather liked Frontier back on the Amiga, but it was a totally
> > different animal to Elite for sure.
>
> Another thing that bugged was that, since the star map 3D as opposed to
> Elite's 2D, it was impossible to plan routes, which was very inconvient
> when the missions had time limits.

Agreed, especially when you've specced up a monster flying fortress of a
ship only to discover it takes a month to make each jump! But I still
miss my Panther Clipper with the plasma accelerators sometimes..... :eek:)