Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How can I review what's in my trash bin on Mac OS

Last response: in Mac Os X
November 24, 2012 2:05:07 PM

Hello,
How did you find your deleted files inside the Trash bin? Where do you find the Trash Bin?
I can only find the Empty Trash bin command or Secure empty trash bin?

I sometimes want to check what got put in there when I am doing lots of cleanups in case I grabbed the wrong file by mistake.
Thank you.

More about : review trash bin mac

November 25, 2012 12:40:41 AM

I believe once you empty the trash it can never be recovered.
m
l

Best solution

November 27, 2012 6:17:42 PM

If it's not already been emptied, it lies at the bottom right of the launch dock by default and clicking on it will open it to view those files.
Related resources
November 28, 2012 12:56:13 AM

ryanhmusic said:
If it's not already been emptied, it lies at the bottom right of the launch dock by default and clicking on it will open it to view those files.
He secured it by emptying out the trash already.It is to late than.
m
l
December 16, 2012 1:48:41 AM

Peebles137 said:
Hello,
How did you find your deleted files inside the Trash bin? Where do you find the Trash Bin?
I can only find the Empty Trash bin command or Secure empty trash bin?

I sometimes want to check what got put in there when I am doing lots of cleanups in case I grabbed the wrong file by mistake.
Thank you.

Click on the Trash can icon in the dock....
m
l
December 27, 2012 11:19:13 PM

ryanhmusic said:

Thank you all. I found it right where you said it was.

Then I had problems where system locked up emptying securely the large files I was deleting. Either before, during or after I somehow ended up with over 300gb of unusable space on my hard drive. Even after I freed up gigabytes within a day it was all gone again. Goobled up all my startup disk to where I couldn't open the system.

The Genius' at the Genius bar in the AppleStore were able to copy over all my data through their system and then reformat my hard drive. Now I have 450gb's available. It was a very strange situation. I am very pleased with Applestore Genius bar free technical services in Atlantic City at the Pier!

Thank you all again for your guidance and suggestions!
m
l
December 27, 2012 11:20:05 PM

Best answer selected by Peebles137.
m
l
!