Sign in with
Your question

What Anti-Virus Software Should I Get?

Last response: in Windows 8
December 6, 2012 2:47:09 AM

I was wondering which software I should get. Paid or free, whichever is better works for me.
Currently have ESET, but people are saying that they aren't as great as they used to be. So I'm looking for a new one, unless of course
those rumors are false.

More about : anti virus software

December 6, 2012 2:52:54 AM

I wouldn't buy one plenty of free ones just as good as paid ones.
December 6, 2012 2:52:59 AM

I personally use the free version of Avast!, never really found the need to ugprade to the paid one. The AV is great, it doesn't use a lot of the system's resources unlike KIS.

Not sure about ESET though.
Related resources
December 6, 2012 3:12:36 AM

We get it, you like Avast. I just use Windows Security Essentials. Updates with Windows, small footprint, seems to work as well as any other.
December 6, 2012 4:10:59 AM

nvalhalla said:
We get it, you like Avast. I just use Windows Security Essentials. Updates with Windows, small footprint, seems to work as well as any other.

Hahah.

I might give Avast or Windows Security Essentials a shot then.
December 7, 2012 4:01:39 AM

Even though it is a paid for program, i have been using Vipre for last maybe four years now. Made by GFI software. Absolutely the BEST antivirus software that I have found, and I have tried a multitude of them. Light weight so doesn't eat up resources, and is rated #1 from PCAntiVirusReviews.com (who, by the way, offer %off coupon codes for just about any anti virus out there)
!