hostname resolution by local subnet

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

I would like to setup an alias hostname, that would resolve to an IP adress
local to each one of my subnets... I want to setup resource (UNC path for
scripts) that I can pull scripts from and not run the scripts from a remote
logon server or something... PLEASE HELP. I thought about trying to set a
variable in the DHCP scope and set my aliaa back to that variable but I cant
find how to echo out some of the data pushed on the DHCP scope options.
THANKS!

Net mask ordering (Subnet prioritisation) is enabled by default. Creating
multiple A records with the same name (and the different IP addresses) will
do what you wish.

Just like the (Same as parent container) records work ;-)

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/