can anyone tell me how I get into the editor?
thanks
tbird

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:23:15 -0500, tbird <tbird@rogers.com> wrote:

> can anyone tell me how I get into the editor?

What exactly do you mean? Do you need a tutorial or don't you know
how to start the program?

what I mean is I need to check the training box of a master trainer to
enable that character to offer training..something Bethesda forgot to
do...have to do that in the editor...whatever that is.
thanks.
tbird

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:32:14 -0500, tbird <tbird@rogers.com> wrote:

> what I mean is I need to check the training box of a master trainer to
> enable that character to offer training..something Bethesda forgot to
> do...have to do that in the editor...whatever that is.

In this case, I suggest that you simply download the "unofficial morrowind
patch" by Thepal from this site
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp
This patch fixes a lot of errors including the two master trainers who
either don't train or don't even exist in the unpatched game.
Included in the download is a ReadMe file that tells you how to install
the patch.

Nevertheless, if you wish to learn more about modding, these sites offer
a lot of information:
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modpages/editorfaq.asp
http://www.morrowind-mod.com/Modders%20Resources%20Tutorials.htm
You will find the editor (called Construction Set) on your second
Morrowind CD.

Björn

MERLIN

"Björn Liffers"
<bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> skrev i en
meddelelse news:eek:psmxlbtna3h7jlm@News.CIS.DFN.DE...
<tbird@rogers.com> wrote:

>> what I mean is I need to check the training box of
a master trainer to
>> enable that character to offer training..something
Bethesda forgot to
>> do...have to do that in the editor...whatever that
is.

> In this case, I suggest that you simply download
the "unofficial morrowind
> patch" by Thepal from this site

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp
> This patch fixes a lot of errors including the two
master trainers who
> either don't train or don't even exist in the
unpatched game.
> Included in the download is a ReadMe file that
tells you how to install
> the patch.
>
> Nevertheless, if you wish to learn more about
modding, these sites offer
> a lot of information:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modpages/editorfaq.asp

http://www.morrowind-mod.com/Modders%20Resources%20Tutorials.htm
> You will find the editor (called Construction Set)
on your second
> Morrowind CD.
>
> Björn

Normally when you install MW, there will be created a
shortcut for both MW
and the editor (a knife icon) Clicking on this starts
the editor. Clicking on
any knife-icon, whether in the data files folder or
elsewhere on your pc
will do it also.

merlin